Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

DOING A CARD SHOW TOMORROW

First one this year (usually do two or three). A dozen or so dealers. Great day out--chat with some other dealers & collectors, sell some junk off (hopefully) and pick up some things I need/want (hopefully). Gets me out of the house for the day, then take my wife out for dinner with any profit.

Eyebone
"I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough

Comments

• Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Hey Matt. I live in Canada--about an hour outside of Toronto. Man it was cold and windy today--envy a Texan who gets to ride around on his riding mower in February.

Have a sister-in law in TN and one in TX--might be good time for a visit.

image Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt visit this weekend we are expecting ice and snow high tommorrow of 24

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey Matt. I live in Canada--about an hour outside of Toronto. Man it was cold and windy today--envy a Texan who gets to ride around on his riding mower in February.

image Eyebone >>

Hi eye, I actually live in Florida, born in New York, Cowboy fan, dont know how it happened but it did. Yeah, it was a brisk 76 here today. I actually sweat a little doing some work around the house. I guess I wont be making that show, its a little out of the way. image

Matt
  • Options
    24 farenheit I assume? Kinda cool for TN in mid-February isn't it? Another board member from OH told me that they are having unseasonably warm weather (50-60 degrees there). Still, it was about -15 to -20 celsius with wind here today (think that is less than zero degrees farenheit). I am so glad Canada went to this ^%^*& metric system.

Eyebone
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Good luck at the show eyebone, have fun.

-Garret
  • Options
    Goddamn Cowboys.....I didn't mind when I thought you just lived in Texas, Matt, but now that I know you are a Cowboys fan, well.....

Still bitter about Staubach's hail mary to Drew Pearson back in '74 playoffs to beat my Vikings. Probably have the year wrong but my hatred of the Cowboys has never faded. image

Where abouts in FL do you live? My parents have a condo in Panama City Beach....

Eyebone
  • Options
    Hey Garret....thanks. Have you been to any lately? Think there are a couple of good shows coming up in AB next month aren't there?

Eyebone
  • Options

<< <i>Goddamn Cowboys.....I didn't mind when I thought you just lived in Texas, Matt, but now that I know you are a Cowboys fan, well.....

Still bitter about Staubach's hail mary to Drew Pearson back in '74 playoffs to beat my Vikings. Probably have the year wrong but my hatred of the Cowboys has never faded. image

Where abouts in FL do you live? My parents have a condo in Panama City Beach....

Eyebone >>

Saint Petersburg (central FL.

"I only have one thing left to say, HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!" image

Matt
  • Options
    Matt:

C'mon man....I was in a good mood. image

BTW, as a long-suffering Vikes fan I also have unfond memories of Oakland, Pittsburg, Miami and KC, so don't take my comments personally.

Do you go to any TB Lightning hockey games?

Eyebone

• Options
    Eye, Its all good. No offense taken, just having some fun. I have been to 3 or 4 lightning games. Really was fun and so fast paced. Since they moved to Tampa I wont go anymore. Its not far by any means, it would just be a pain. They used to play only blocks away from me.

Matt
  • Options
    You were born in New York and are a Cowboys fan, I was born in Tennesse and I am I giant fan. Strange things were a happenin in 69......image

• Options
    Drew Pearson pushed off. No call. Would have been the Vikes first (and only) Super Bowl triumph.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey Matt. I live in Canada--about an hour outside of Toronto. Man it was cold and windy today--envy a Texan who gets to ride around on his riding mower in February.

image Eyebone >>

No problemo Eyebone.

I'm having my private Lear fired up right now.

See you!

PS: Good luck!
    Mike
  • Options
    Very nice of you Mike. Are you also piloting the aircraft? And, more importantly, will alcohol be served on board?

BTW, you changed your avatar. Remember, such acts often screw us older fellas up......

Eyebone
  • Options

<< <i>Very nice of you Mike. Are you also piloting the aircraft? And, more importantly, will alcohol be served on board?

BTW, you changed your avatar. Remember, such acts often screw us older fellas up......

Eyebone >>

The avatar was temporary - I was doing my Da Big'n impression.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

image Eyebone >>

I was watching CBC tonight and it looked like you guys really got it bad. A huge 40 car pile up somewhere in Quebec, and a couple more in Ontario.

Good luck with the show!
  • Options

<< <i>Drew Pearson pushed off. No call. Would have been the Vikes first (and only) Super Bowl triumph. >>

Actually it was a 1975 semi final game that was the " Hail Mary Game " Dec. 28th, 1975, the same day Fran Tarkington's dad passed away. Tarkington found out his dad died right after the game. Talk about your bad days.

The Cowboys played the Rams in the NFC Championship that year beating them and then losing to the Steelers in Super Bowl X.
  • Options
    Besides Eyebone

Does anyone else do shows on occasion?

I did many many years ago. On a Saturday/Sunday - it was fun but didn't make much $.

mike

Mike