Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I can't believe what people will pay $700 for...

I should start running auctions like this....

"estate find"

Comments

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I do not think there were to many flags to show that this was a bad auction. Feedback % is low (ok, has one neg.) only a 5 rating (I know that you have to start from somewhere), no scans of better cards in the lot.

Stingray
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    image Heres a link to one of his recent wins. See any similarities? image
    junk

matt
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I should start running auctions like this....

I've actually considered it. You can grab a VG '65 Mays, a VG '71 Unitas and a VG '67 Clemente and sell them fof $500 just by surrounding them with a bunch of VG commons. It's unreal. The ONLY lots I ever look at are the modern game used lots, since you can usually get a pretty good idea of the break up value on those. But most of the 'vintage cards from the 50's-70's' type lots seem to include 5% 50's cards and about 90% VG 1973 Topps commons. Uh, no thanks.
  • Options
    It pays to do your homework! image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    But hey.

Jim Fregosi is included in this vintage lot. That's hard to pass up.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

***Positive Feedback: 85.7%**** Boy, that's got warm fuzzy written all over it!!
  • Options
    eaze21 (the original seller of the junk) and robinleg (the newbie) have a lot of similarities in their auctions. I don't mean in the products, but in the grammar with how the auctions are written. Also arvada CO and Aurora CO are less than a half hour from each other. Soemthing really fishy with these two sellers.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options

<< <i>eaze21 (the original seller of the junk) and robinleg (the newbie) have a lot of similarities in their auctions. I don't mean in the products, but in the grammar with how the auctions are written. Also arvada CO and Aurora CO are less than a half hour from each other. Soemthing really fishy with these two sellers. >>

Apparently neither one has an apostrophe key on their keyboard.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Apparently neither one has an apostrophe key on their keyboard. >>

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭
    I seen that same box advertised by a couple of jokers about 3 or 4 yrs ago on HSN.What ever happened two those two charming fellows?????
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options

<< <i>I seen that same box advertised by a couple of jokers about 3 or 4 yrs ago on HSN.What ever happened two those two charming fellows????? >>

By the looks of the 2 guys, I'd guess they both died from complications of Diabetes. image
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    It is absolutely proposterous that somebody would bid upwards of $700 on that item. The scan is enough for any fool to tell that box is full of early '90s crap....

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He said he didn't know anything about cards, yet look at his title. He said "graded PSA". Sounds like he knows a little more than he is letting on.

Shane

• Options
    It drives me crazy! The guy gets 459 hits on junk! I have one of only seven PSA 9 1962 Kalines on eBay with only 99 hits and no bids! Go figure!My eBay Auctions
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!
  • Options
    people like Lots and junk.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Idiots bidding ... hoping to get something for nothing.

Dirty Harry needs to ask them :

Do you feel lucky punks ... well do you ?

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"