Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Major Auction Houses

Hello All! I have a question for all of you PSA collectors... Do any of you buy from major auction houses, if so which ones?? I am just curious.
Thanks and God Bless!

Jesse
Always collecting vintage basketball and any ABA memorabilia.

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Jesse

Sorry I don't.

They have good buys, at times, but the BP's keep going up and much of stuff gets bid up beyond my capability.

I used to buy a lot from Greg Manning Auctions when they were in business along with Alan Rosen.

Of interest, I used to buy from Superior - which I understand has recently closed shop.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Cool, I assume that mostly everyone deals with Ebay? Am I correct on this assumption?
    Always collecting vintage basketball and any ABA memorabilia.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Cool, I assume that mostly everyone deals with Ebay? Am I correct on this assumption? >>

I'm not totally sure.

But my guess, most.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    eBay all the way! I've only purchased memorabilia from the big auction houses not cards, except one! Mike, what gives with the new avatar? image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    i have purchased from big houses because i wanted the item. don't be like a kid in the candy store. for example if you only collect baseball, but you think that PSA 10 1972 FB card looks good-AVOID. as mentioned you should figure the juice before you put that last bid in. also their shipping charges can be steep.
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    He's filling in for the DaBigHurt.

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've won auctions from 2 major auction houses and have had good experiences with them(Goodwin & Robert Edward). Just when you bid you have to allow for the buyers premium. I buy mostly from eBay.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    IMO most of the really high quality items are offered by auction houses, although there are a lot of exceptions. Since they tend to bring in the higher end bidders they get the higher end consignors.
    I've had excellent experiences with Mastro, REA, and Goodwin.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's