Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Bummed! I missed an auction for auto jersey!

Anyone wanna share their story about how they totally flaked out and FORGOT about an auction that was ending and missed it?

I spent hours picking out the autographed Emmit Smith jersey I wanted to get Matt for his birthday as a surprise. I didn't add it to my watch list becuase I didn't want him to see it. Anyway, I totally forgot about it until this morning and it ended at a cheap price too!
Tonya

Comments

• Options
    I've done that. It happeed with a few 88-89 Fleer BK I was looking at as well as a few 1981 Topps FB. It really makes you feel bad when it closes for way less then you were prepared to pay. image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    The good thing about eBay is that things always find their way back on there or another exact item always comes back up. image
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The good thing about eBay is that things always find their way back on there or another exact item always comes back up. image >>

Sorry to hear about this Matt

I agree with jm - one of my "step" rules is that, within reason, another one will be down the road.

So just keep your eyes peeled!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭
    Tonya,

Don't be too upset, this baby still has 2 days to go and is available with buy-it-now. I'm sure Matt will love it.

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Tonya,

Don't be too upset, this baby still has 2 days to go and is available with buy-it-now. I'm sure Matt will love it.

image >>

matt
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭
    Matt,

In any case, I know you and Stone have b-days coming up. I was looking for the thread with the exact dates and couldn't find it, so . . .

imageHAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! image

to both of ya!
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Matt,

In any case, I know you and Stone have b-days coming up. I was looking for the thread with the exact dates and couldn't find it, so . . .

imageHAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! image

to both of ya! >>

Thanks Tom. Stones is the 18th and mine is the 20th. You still have two shopping days left to go or I can give you my address so you can send me all your emmitts. image
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I've done that more times than I can count because I insist on manual sniping. I just missed 2 auctions tonight, in fact, on cards #/20. One those has a twin listed on ebay already so hopefully I can win it, and cheaper than the one tonight. The other, though, will be tough to find and expensive.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay