Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Graded 52 topps Mantle on ebay

PACKAGE OF BLANK LABELS AT OFFICE DEPOT............................$2.99

iNkJET PRINTER & COLOR CARTRIDGE..........................................$159.99

BULK LOT OF SCREW DOWN HOLDERS........................................$100

RESULTING GRADED MANTLE CARD..............................................PRICELESS !!!

52TOPPSMANTLE
"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
-- Yogi Berra

Comments

• Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    dont know if that link worked....here it is again

mantle
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
  • Options
    beautiful card...too bad it's either fake or trimmed....

• Options
    can anyone answer this....I have a REAL 53 topps (Looking at it right now) and the stats don't make sense of his card (1952) versus mine (1953)

(here is the 53...not mine, but a PSA on eBay (which matches mine)

His 1952 card stats

• Options
    n/m...noticed the 52 has minor league stats...my bad
  • Options
    wth is TCG anyway...can't even find a website for them or any listings on fleabay....
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    T C G...............Topps chewing gum

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    It is fake. The guy who sells those fakes sells them "raw" or "graded" he made up TCG as a company name and the screwdown is popriveted.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pasted from the auction:

Q: I appreciate your honesty and reply. But, if i buy the card, do you gaurantee it to be authentic when I send it in to PSA ?
    Feb-16-06

A: I have been being bombarded with questions surrounding the grading company, the authenticity and my willingness to guarantee a grade from PSA. I have provided all of the information that I have in the auction. I did not grade this card, it was done by a third party vendor and came to me in this manner. I understand the difference between an off brand company such as this and PSA. All I can do is describe the item to the best of my ability. Provide adequate photographic representation of the card and my reputation as a seller. I cannot in good faith, guarantee anything to anyone once the card has left my hands. I mean in all reality, how can I guarantee an item that may be shipped to a buyer a thousand miles away, who in turn will send to another grading company, where it will or will not pass inspection and then get shipped again to the buyer. I guess that I would compare this to a used vehicle that is being sold as,is. I have provided as much information as I can, and have provided photos of both the front and back. Bidders will have to make the decision that they feel is right for them. Thanks and good luck.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    ahhhhhh I thought he was talking about topps cards that have a TCG on the card. I guess I should have looked closer at the link.

Steve
    Good for you.