Home Metal Detecting

Question for Purple or others too

Purple,

from what I understand your a Fisher guy?

Well....I am looking at trying out a Fisher and the Coinstrike and the CZ-3D have caught my attention. Any opinions on the 2 compared to eachother? How is depth? I am mostly an old coin shooter with the occasional relic in there now and then. Any help is appreciated. Thanks dude.

Northern California
Minelab Sovereign GT with 180 meter and Sunray probe.

Comments

• I haven't seen Purple post here in quite awhile. I hope he chimes in.
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd tell you about the Coin$trike but since I only used the damn thing for an hour or two I can't LOL

PURP! Get your butt back in here!
  • Loser. Someone should put you up on ebay and be done with ya..lol image

Northern California
    Minelab Sovereign GT with 180 meter and Sunray probe.
  • You could ask over on the Fisher forum on TD. Same site I sent you to on the ACE 250. Linkage

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purple's hanging out with Bigfoot, Sasquatch, the great Snow Yeti, and the Loch Ness Monster these days, unfortunately. I hope he rejoins us one day soon.

While I have no experience with the models you mentioned, I can say that Fisher is a good brand. I found my most important find with a Fisher detector (1280-X Aquanaut).

After all, Gerhard Fisher invented the modern metal detector, back in the 1930s.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.