Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Misleading Ebay descriptions................

"This card from this difficult to find series also displays: prominent original sheen, pack-fresh perfect colors, dimple near lower right border, flawless factory finish, super sharp focus and very hard to see surface wrinkling".

Very crafty. Crafty enough that I wouldn't spend a penny with this seller. What is so hard about giving a straightforward, honest description?

By the way, if I buy this card do I get my money back if I am ok with the surface wrinkling, but disagree that it has "pack-fresh perfect colors" (whatever the hell that means)?
Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Huh??????

Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Well, he lays it out clearly. That's why it's a good idea to read the description before casting a bid.

If he didn't mention the wrinkling, then you'd have a scumbag on your hands.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    I think about 90% of the vintage sellers on ebay are full of bull (when it comes to raw cards). Evidently 99% of the cards out there fall into the EXMT or better catagory.

Since when does an EXMT card have creases, soft corners, etc? It is a bunch of bull. It's near impossible to tell from the scans!

The other ones that erk me are the ads that header as "PSA 8" - and then you look at the scan and it is MC or OC or something. People don't realize that a qualifier knocks it down a grade or two. I got burned on that once as the ad never mentioned a qualifier, and the scan was as small as can be. Evidently I was supposed to see that it was an 8OC (on the microscopic scan). When I asked for a refund, the seller claimed - you could see it on the scan! Yikes - I hate Ebay rip off artists!
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    We all hate Ebay rip off artist, but I do not believe this guy is one of them.
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    It's like those apple juice bottles at the store. Their label reads something like "100% natural Apple Juice," but when you read the fine print on the back of the label it states, "Made with 10% fruit juice." It's legal and somewhat misleading, but it is spelled out if you take the time read.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    IMO the seller has tried to describe the card. i see no problem. maybe a link to the auction would help me (us) see what has you all tied up.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>this difficult to find series also displays: prominent original sheen, pack-fresh perfect colors, dimple near lower right border, flawless factory finish, super sharp focus and very hard to see surface wrink >>

YIKES !!!! Sounds like my Ex wife!!!! Buy it now and i can stop sending alimony every month!!!
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!