Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My attic find - Aaron, Big Red Machine, Clemente - anyone collect these?

The other day I pulled a couple of boxes full of sporting event programs from my attic. In the middle of them, I found hundreds of original newspaper articles I had clipped about historical baseball events (Aaron's chase for Ruth's #714, articles/box scores from every game of the Reds 1976 World Championship season, Rose's hitting milestones, Clemente's death, etc.)

I clipped these out and saved them when I was a kid, but had totally forgotten I had them…probably hadn't seen them in 15 years or more.

I've posted links to lots of pictures and close-ups in case you're interested in some fun memories and reading.

Aaron's chase for HR #714

1976 Big Red Machine - every game's article & box score

Clemente's tragedy

Pete Rose's chase for various batting records

Do you know if people collect these sorts of things? I'm half thinking of putting them up on ebay (since I hadn't missed them in 15 years). But then again, they were really a delight to go back through and read. I may want to do it again sometime.

Comments

• Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    Awesome! I used to do stuff like this, too, but with VHS tapes.

On one VHS tape I managed to catch Pete Rose's 4,192nd hit, the Challenger explosion, and Dr. J's last game. There are a few other things on there that were newsworthy at the time but that wouldn't be now. On the Pete Rose hit, I managed to have the recording start just as Eric Show was delivering the pitch that Rose got the hit from. Perfect timing or what? I recorded from the moment of the hit until the hoopla was over, including them bringing out that Corvette to him.

Like you, I had a great deal of fun assembling it all, and maybe one day someone will want it for themselves. Right now, I'm just content with keeping it.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's some neat stuff...

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options

<< <i>On the Pete Rose hit, I managed to have the recording start just as Eric Show was delivering the pitch that Rose got the hit from. Perfect timing or what? >>

That's unbelievable timing. Being an Indiana Pacers fan, I always wished I had somehow known to videotape a lot of Reggie Miller's game ending thrillers.