Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anybody know what this is?

What issue is this? Year? Sport?
If you have a moment, please check out our E-bay auctions.
our e-bay auctions

Comments

• Options
    If I'm not mistaken, that's a pack from a Topps fun pack. I think they were on the market like 1980-81. From what I understand, they included different cards from several different years, and different types - ie; star wars, baseball, football, etc. I believe there were like 30 packs in a bag.

edit in - That pack is from 1978, I believe.
    << image >>
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1981 Fun Packs were in their original wrappers. I bought a ton in 1983 at a woolworths for 1.99 for 30 packs (bagged). I think it was 10 each of Raiders of the Lost Ark, 1981 Topps Hockey, and 1981 Topps Football (Montana RC).

I recall seeing this type in some BBCKid auctions - and I believe it is a crapshoot with regards to content.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Thanks! They say "o-pee-chee" on the back.
    If you have a moment, please check out our E-bay auctions.
    our e-bay auctions

• Options
    Yep that's from a fun pack bag. I believe that pack could be from 1978-1983, depending on which fun pack bag it came out of. More than likely it will have 81-82 Topps hockey in it, as the majority of fun packs I've opened that looked like that had them.

In a lot of the fun pack bags, the non sport and football cards were in their normal wax packs. These surprise packs could have anything, depending on how much Topps had left over when someone started packing them.

Here's an auction with an '83 funbag, that is well, a little embellished--I've never seen '81 football or '79-80 hockey come out of these '83 bags...

Everybody loves fun bags!!!
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I know that the 78 fun bag did not have those mystery packs, and neither did the 74 fun bag.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions