Home Sports Talk
Options

Pro Bowl / All Star Game

Do we really need these in sports anymore? I mean, they've kind of become a joke as far as the actual game. Nobody wants to get hurt and most players just seem uninterested in being there and it shows all too much. The fans don't care anymore, because the players don't care anymore. Then this World Baseball Classic........who is going to be interested in that? Athletes representing their countries.........that's what the Olympics is and the interest in that is really low. What makes baseball think that anyone will care about the Classic? Countries represented in baseball......nice idea......that's why they eliminated it from the next Summer Olympics.....nobody cares!!

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Baseball I can see it, basketball too since it's an exhibition game.

But hockey and football, nah. Though they could do a 7 on 7 flag football game for football say on a 50 yard field and I think that would be a lot of fun.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero interest.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    MLB and NBA, definitely. No to the other two, as well. It's funny how everyone (including me) gets in a tizzy when an NFL players gets snubbed for the Pro Bowl and then nobody cares about the actual game itself. I like the NBA All Star game the best, though. I love to see some of the athleticism of these guys when nobody plays D.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Do we really need these in sports anymore? I mean, they've kind of become a joke as far as the actual game. Nobody wants to get hurt and most players just seem uninterested in being there and it shows all too much. The fans don't care anymore, because the players don't care anymore. Then this World Baseball Classic........who is going to be interested in that? Athletes representing their countries.........that's what the Olympics is and the interest in that is really low. What makes baseball think that anyone will care about the Classic? Countries represented in baseball......nice idea......that's why they eliminated it from the next Summer Olympics.....nobody cares!! >>

There's so much pressure on these commissioners to appease the 'world' audience when it comes to events like this. Hence the World League, the Tokyo Bowl, etc...
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I love watching the MLB All Star Game. That's some of my best childhood memories. One that sticks out is when Bo Jackson led off that one with a HR. That was cool back in the day.

NFL, I like, just because I'm a huge football fan.

NHL All Star I like too, just because I like hockey.

The one that bothers me the most and the one I never watch is the NBA one. It turns into a mix of street basketball and a dunking contest. It's absurd and not even a sport. They should just run around for a few hours and dunk the ball and then laugh about all the millions they have. Oh wait, that's what they do now.