Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

HELP--should i get low grade t cards, goudeys graded?

I am a new member of PSA and have had some old baseball cards graded already. I also have approximately 40 minor HOFer T206 and T205 and 1933 Goudey cards in low grade condition, such as PSA 1 or 2. I might want to sell these some day. Should I get them graded before selling? In other words, is the cost of grading more than offset by the increase in the price I will likely get for the card if graded? For example, would the price of a 1933 Goudey Waite Hoyt card in poor to fair or good condition be substantially higher if graded as PSA 1 or 2 rather than ungraded?

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

Comments

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grade all the T206's. Buyers will pay more for a graded card. I buy low to mid grade T206's and pass on all ungraded examples. If they are holdered they are authentic and untrimmed, ( at least the grading company thinks so). If you keep them they will be protected from any mishaps. Ungrade poor examples sell for $8-10. PSA 1-2's sell for $18 to 25. So it is worth the cost of grading. JMO.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.