Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Tracking Insured Packages w/ no delivery confirmation

Hey guys. Stupid question. I recently mailed a package USPS Priority Mail w/ $100 insurance. I have the insurance slip with the tracking # (VC...US). Is there any way to track this package to prove it's been delivered/received (for PayPal, etc.)?

I'd appreciate any help on this. Thanks!

- Josh

Comments

• Options
    Josh,

Its my understanding that the "blue" insurance slips can only be tracked by the Post Office. A few years ago I went to the post office and the postal employee went to a computer in the back and told me it was delivered and who signed for it.

Since the Blue Insurance slips can't be tracked at www.usps.com, I belive its no good for paypal tracking purposes.
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    If you call the 800 number for the post office they can probably tell you how to go about that. Maybe putting some numbers in on USPS.com?
    Tonya
  • Options
    rvcrvc Posts: 559 ✭✭
    cant track it, gotta use delivery confirmation for tracking.
    Bob
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I made this mistake when I sent that tampered Orr rookie back to the seller. PayPal told me I needed delivery confirmation, but I wanted insurance on it as well in case the guy tried to pull something funny. The person at the postoffice swore I could track it online, but she screwed up and as it turned out, only SHE could track it via their intranet access.

It turned out well though. I had the postoffice track it for me and since it was insured, the package required a signature. They scan the signatures receipt into their system. Once they confirmed that the package was delivered, they printed me a copy of the actual signature slip verifying that not only the package was delivered, the actual bozo signed for it. After that, it was just a simple matter of me FAX'ing the signature slip to PayPal.
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, I made this mistake when I sent that tampered Orr rookie back to the seller. PayPal told me I needed delivery confirmation, but I wanted insurance on it as well in case the guy tried to pull something funny. The person at the postoffice swore I could track it online, but she screwed up and as it turned out, only SHE could track it via their intranet access.

It turned out well though. I had the postoffice track it for me and since it was insured, the package required a signature. They scan the signatures receipt into their system. Once they confirmed that the package was delivered, they printed me a copy of the actual signature slip verifying that not only the package was delivered, the actual bozo signed for it. After that, it was just a simple matter of me FAX'ing the signature slip to PayPal. >>

This is really helpful. Thank you very much. I'll always get both in the future, but it's nice to know there is some recourse albeit it does require some legwork.