Options

When is 2006 Topps coming out?

regular issue.

Shane

Comments

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Heritage comes out in two weeks....who cares?? image

Seriously, I haven't heard yet. It's odd not having any new releases this late in the year.

shawn
  • Options
    Set to go live on 2/22/06
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Topps basic offering looks pretty damn ugly this year...

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I read over on the Topps board that it is live as of right now. There are a few non-promo items up at the moment - some of the Mantle inserts, a Chipper Jones gold parallel, a couple of the Bonds HR inserts.

Although I agree with the "who cares, bring on Heritage" comment, and also agree that the design isn't all that appealing, I will still be collecting a regular set and a Dodger set. Gotta keep the collection unbroken.

Geordie
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why I was wanting to know. I need a Cardinals team set. I also need an unopened pack, which I collect one of every different kind I can find. As far as the design, at least they didn't do a third nearly identical design (like 04 and 05).

Shane

• Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    Don't forget that the rookie "reprints" in 2005 Rookie Cup, which came out about a month ago, included the 2006 players. So a reprint set of cards that hadn't come out yet.
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    Remember checking all of the stores for packs around the beginning of the year? I never had any magazines to know what the cards would look like. I don't think they even put a picture of a card on the box until the late 70s. Then you didn't know what the cards looked like until one of your buddies scored some, or bless your soul, you were the first kid in school to have that year's baseball cards. Hmmmmmmmmm.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection