Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grading Company in Canada KSA ?

My understanding is that KSA is pretty good. I wondered if anyone has had any crossover to PSA experience to share. YZERMAN #67 KSA 10
My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I haven't had specific experience with KSA - but I generally have heard good things.

That said - crossing over a GEM MINT card from one company's holder to another company's holder [especially if you are not going to crack the card], has to be one of the more difficult things there is to do. Seriously. All the other company has to do [in this case, PSA], is find one or two things wrong with the card, say it can't be a 10, and then satisfy themselves that they are a tougher grader than KSA.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Make a lot of sense. I wonder if they grade sheet cuts like BGC as i can not tell from the scan.
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!
  • Options
    Yikes! Ijust answered my own question !!!! "Q: Hi Will you ship to Canada? Also is there a listing for the KSA 9.5? Thanks for your time.
    Feb-08-06
    A: Hello, yes I will ship to canada and I have not listed the 9.5. It is a litter crisper than the 10, but the cutter didn't trim the left side very well.... "

• Options
    raym8raym8 Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    I have broken out many KSA cards for resubmission to PSA. As a general rule, KSA cards tend to grade out about one grade less. I have had a few cross over at the same grade, but most come in one grade lower. Also, as you have already found out, KSA will grade sheet cut cards, which PSA will not.

• Options
    Ray, nice pick up on the PSA 10 Yzerman.
    Wish I had that kind of dough.

Poppie, KSA suks! Don't waste your time/money on them.
  • Options
    Nice pick up also Ray. I was second and thought that I left enough cushion in my bid while I was out of town to get it. If you hear of another please let me me know. image
  • Options
    Poppie,

You should look into using a sniping service. You would have won the card if you had sniped the auction instead of entering so many bids. My original snipe amount was less than your maximum. I only upped that amount after seeing you enter so many bids.

Check out www.justsnipe.com or www.esnipe.com

They are well worth it.

Best,
    Ray

• Options
    Ray: Thanks for the advise. I will try it next year when another #67 comes up! Actually I will make good use of it on a few that i am always watching. STILLLL..............image
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    KSA is horrible... paid big money on a KSA 8 Bobby Orr Rookie card quite awhile back before KSA even had a bad rep.. also a Gretzky RC KSA 8...

The Orr came back as trimmed.. The Gretz came back as a 4..

They suck balls.
  • Options
    Knuckles, it sounds like KSA is a subsidiary of BGS ! Ray, I am very much after a few cards in the current Goodwin auction. Is this snipping approach used there also or just eBay?
  • Options
    The snipe services are only good for ebay. You can't use them for any of the major auction houses.

However, it is still always to your best benefit to place your max bid as close to the end of the auction as possible.

Ray
  • Options
    KSA has clearly passed GAI when it comes to overall qualiy of the product.
    I love candy cards
  • Options
    I've crossed over about 12 KSA to PSA and lost at least 1 grade and generally 2 each time. Take 2 off when your figuring pricing for bids.
    C56, V252, V128-1 sets
    Hall of Famers from all 4 sports
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    Wanted to ask about KSA and I found this thread.

Am I fairly safe in thinking that they only grade unaltered cards (not talking about sheet cut cards)?
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭
    I purchased a KSA graded 71 Ryan at one time and it came back graded the same grade PSA. Then I flipped it on ebay and it paid for itself (grading fee) and profit.........
    1964 Topps Football
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    never heard of em-ill agree with garrett though since hes in Canada and is cool lol
    randy