Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Interesting...any thoughts

This guy in the auction goes to great lengths (actually good article about 86 Fleer hoops fakes) to warn against fakes

link to auction

anyone care to comment on this card (I will keep my thought to myself not to influence any others for now)

Comments

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i'm going to say the jordan pictured is legit. now whether it's the one you will receive is another story.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman

The writeup by the seller on Jordan counterfeits is tremendous. Is it a smoke screen? I don't know.

In the early days, the cards were rescreened and easy to detect since when you looked at the logo under 10X - the solid black lines were seen as "print dots" in the fakes - it should remain as a solid black line.

But, as time went on, with laser printing, the fakes got better and better. And it's harder to detect the fakes from the front.

You have to look on the back at the logos to detect the fake.

So, what to do? Well, there's corner wear on the upper left - is that to deceive one into thinking it's good?

I say buy'm graded?
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, is this front crown real or fake?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    It's fake.

edited to add.. (The RC posted to begin with not the crown mike posted)
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's fake. >>

whats the giveaway? thanks I missed that

Matt
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

from Seinfeld show--" Fake,fake,fake,fake,fake,fake"
  • Options
    right side looks trimmed (Unless scan is of a bowed card)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It's fake. >>

whats the giveaway? thanks I missed that

Matt >>

From what I understand, the yellow banner around the crown is two tones of yellow on the real ones, all one colour on the fakes. Mike's example is genuine; you can see where it hangs down on the right it is a darker colour, as well as where it goes behind the crown.
  • Options
    That's not a scan it's a picture close up, probably a macro shot. Tough to take one without that bowed effect unless your a few feet away.
  • Options
    Just FYI guys,
    The 1994 Sportscard Counterfeit Detector lists 7 (that's right, 7) different counterfeit versions of this card.
    For the love of the game
    And the cards that go with it
  • Options
    This is from memory, but I believe this is fake. 2 reasons, the red dots in the yellow banner. The banner I believe should be solid yellow. Also, and more telling that it's a fake, under the word "Premiere" the black border should be solid. That border has the red dot matrix in it.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Arrow should be very noticeably orange-ish.

Like this one..

Didn't know there were fakes with little orange dots..