Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

WOW! A 1955 Topps PSA 10 up for auction!

Comments

• Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    I think he's killing his auction with a starting price that high.
    Travis
  • Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    "Not too many of these in the population, maybe 1 or 2 others only" .....
    I like a guy who does his homework!

... another sweet deal on shipping...

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I agree with kc, starting that hi may hurt him overall. The 65 oliva was started low and it ended at 5,700.00 The 55 set is as popular as the 65 (maybe even more) so i will assume the usual suspects will be bidding on this as well. The 55 set is of course a whole another ballgame when compared to a 65 card. I would have started that baby off at .99 and watch the bids grow. but that is just me mr vegas. (said in my best John Candy voice)

You would think that the guy would spring for the extra picture and the enlargement too.

Steve

Nice card and worth the 3k IMO (just not my 3k)
    Good for you.
  • Options
    there are 2, 10's of this card. no way would i start it @ $3500. i picked up a 1958 10 a couple of months ago fror only $1130. i think it was that cheap because the opening was, i believe $600. you start that auction @ a reasonable opening, sit back and watch the bids run up. matrix
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    It continues to amaze me how some sellers of high priced cards include less than desirable scans/pics. Gee wiz, if you gonna sell something with a hefty starting price (or any price for that matter) put a visual in place that adds to the auction. The pic/scan in this auction does very little for the seller or buyer IMO. No back pic/scan, no black background, no close-up, no clarity.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It continues to amaze me how some sellers of high priced cards include less than desirable scans/pics. Gee wiz, if you gonna sell something with a hefty starting price (or any price for that matter) put a visual in place that adds to the auction. The pic/scan in this auction does very little for the seller or buyer IMO. No back pic/scan, no black background, no close-up, no clarity. >>

BOTR
    I was thinking the same thing - I don't buy cards like that - but I wouldn't be enticed with that scan and the hi starting bid.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    FYI, this was already listed and didn't sell.

If it sells now, we all know the power of the CU board image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It continues to amaze me how some sellers of high priced cards include less than desirable scans/pics. Gee wiz, if you gonna sell something with a hefty starting price (or any price for that matter) put a visual in place that adds to the auction. The pic/scan in this auction does very little for the seller or buyer IMO. No back pic/scan, no black background, no close-up, no clarity. >>

BOTR
    I was thinking the same thing - I don't buy cards like that - but I wouldn't be enticed with that scan and the hi starting bid.

mike >>

I will never be able to look at another Labine card without thinking of Chandler Bing!

Stingray