Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

We have a winner for lowest eBay feedback ...

Check out this PSA 8 Boggs rookie that is not even in a PSA holder. Also look at his sparkling eBay feedback.

The Phantom PSA 8 Boggs Rookie

Comments

• Options
    Technically, he is batting .250 image
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Not only does he call it a PSA 8 in the title, but in the description he states it is a Tony Gwynn card valued at over $300 !
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not only does he call it a PSA 8 in the title, but in the description he states it is a Tony Gwynn card valued at over $300 ! >>

Oops, maybe he stole the wrong scan!
  • Options

<< <i>WINNING BIDDER WIL RECIEVE AN AWESOME GRAB BAG!!!!!! MAYBE A NICE MIKE SCHMIDT OR BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FREE SHIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

sold me - snipe set.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya know...

The longer I live...the less I know and less I understand?

Mike
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    sheer marketing genius!

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would anyone bother doing a scam with a card like that? I guess he wants to start out small and work his way up to bigger scams.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    "SO GET LUCK AND START THE REVOLUTION OF INVESTMENT"

Sheer marketing genius.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    I dont know about the rest of you but the part where he says "You want this.............................."

I guess it just makes me want it.
  • Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    HOLY CRAP! Did anyone else click on the "calculate shipping" for this auction! MAN! Talk about some sweet deals! My sniper is set to grab this baby with 2 seconds left... but first, I need to have a conversation with Spiderman to make sure he's OK with that.

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>HOLY CRAP! Did anyone else click on the "calculate shipping" for this auction! MAN! Talk about some sweet deals! My sniper is set to grab this baby with 2 seconds left... but first, I need to have a conversation with Spiderman to make sure he's OK with that. >>

Wow!!!!!

Those shipping fees may cause me to shy away from this one.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    $32 for the CHEAP shipping service from PA to KC? Holy F*****G S**T!

I'll take it
    Travis
  • Options
    Well, you can save on shipping by winning some of their other auctions! Anybody need any guitar strings? Amp maybe? image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

My CHEAPEST shipping option on his shipping calculator was $ 31.83,

but remember all shipping prices include any packaging and handling fees charged by the seller. image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else's '83 Boggs card weigh 32 pounds? .. or is it just mine? OH WAIT, MY FAULT it's the Gwynn card that weighs so much! Good thing he's not sellin one of those!

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebay feedback comments: In total.

FRAUD & THIEF; took my payment and never sent item; AVOID THIS SELLER
    Buyer pelatty ( 120) Feb-12-06 20:01 7214688335

Never received .......Complaint filed and won in MY favor......Avoid this one
    Buyer kathie829 ( 0 ) Feb-12-06 09:10 5853751693

***NEVER RECIEVED ITEM ! *** WILL NOT REFUND $ ***!! COMPLAINT FILED *** !!!
    Buyer moneytime1500 ( 118) Feb-07-06 18:06 7381823130

A-OK.....Thanks
    Buyer spanishjimi ( 359) Feb-04-06 09:13 6474306146
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    I couldnt resist writing the seller.......here is what I wrote....lets see if I get a response....

Hi, I was interested in bidding on your card, but just had a few questions first. In the title it says psa 8.....is it graded ? Second, in your description it says Gwynn, not Boggs....which is it, Gwynn or Boggs ?? And lastly....isnt $32 shipping a bit excessive ? Please get back to me ASAP, thanks.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    <<isnt $32 shipping a bit excessive ?>>

Well it is overnight shipping! image

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    couldnt resist writing the seller.......here is what I wrote....lets see if I get a response....

i couldn't resist writing him either. i said what is story with you feedback. it is so unfortunate that you ran into a bad group of buyers right out of the shoot in your e-bay career.

then i asked if i could get the card to st. louis for less than $26.

i have not heard back either.
  • Options
    with such high feedback, surely a hijacked account...with his shipping charges, you're almost better off flying Southwest and picking it up yourself...about the same prices for some and you get FF miles...
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    then why's he say "Free Shipping" at the bottom???????
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>"SO GET LUCK AND START THE REVOLUTION OF INVESTMENT"

Sheer marketing genius. >>

Well, it's sheer something alright...
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Last time i bought a card with WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the title I got burned.

This guy is a MUTT.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK OK I couldn't resist!! I had to jump on this one. I'm in the giving mood. Some may remember the safe reference from a previous thread. Anyways, here what I wrote to this stellar seller..Hey that rhymes.

Wow, Nice card. If I win it are you really going to send it? $32 in shipping. Bubble envelope and First class mail is 83 cents. Are you packing a refrigerator in with the card? Or is the card in a safe that hasn't been handled for years. Tell you what keep the card and send me the safe.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    guys

I think the postal calculater is there for his other auctions. he does say free shipping in his description.

but with this mutt you never know.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    His response for sterling feedback:

Item: 1983 Topps Wade Boggs #498 PSA NM-MT 8 Rookie WOW!!! (8765095386)
    This message was sent while the listing was active.
    lifecircle9 is the seller.

i just had a death in my family and had to leave town, i suppose people are inconsiderate but i have spoken to all and theres no problems, i wish that didnt happen but some thing are out of your control.

Thanks
    Ian Summers

• Options
    This guy didn't sell the Boggs (or is it a Gwynn rookie?). But on the bright side, his feedback is up to 40%.