Home PSA Set Registry Forum

NFL HOF rookie card set additions

Do we need to request the rookie cards be added of the 5 new HOF players (I'm excluding Madden) or will they automatically be added? I'm just asking because it's been a week and a half and the set hasn't been updated.

Regards,

Greg M.
Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

Comments

• SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Someone has to request them to be added.

Is there a consensus on which cards and the weights?
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised. When Sutter joined the baseball HOF he was added the same day I think.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
    Isn't there about 20 times more Baseball HOF collectors than us football guys? Someone probably was on top of it right away. For football, I think Jason (Jasp24) is usually the guy who gets the requests in to the powers that be.

I didn't see whether or not there was a thread that listed all the rookie cards that have been picked for the set and weights assigned?
    Here you go:

1972 Topps Rayfield Wright # 316
    1984 Topps USFL Reggie White # 58
    1985 Topps Warren Moon # 251
    1989 Score Troy Aikman # 270

I'd weight them all 1's, maybe a 1.5 for White. As for Madden, no idea about his cards.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here you go:

1972 Topps Rayfield Wright # 316
    1984 Topps USFL Reggie White # 58
    1985 Topps Warren Moon # 251
    1989 Score Troy Aikman # 270

I'd weight them all 1's, maybe a 1.5 for White. As for Madden, no idea about his cards. >>

Madden won't have a rookie card since he was inducted as a coach. Also, don't forget about Harry Carson whose rookie card is 1977 Topps #146.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
    I'm so ashamed. I'm a Giants fan and I've been rooting for Harry forever now and I forgot to include him in that post!
  • JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Already done guys..All with a grade weight of 1.0.. The Rayfield Wright is the most valuable via SMR in PSA 8 ($45), but $50 is the cutoff for bumping up to 1.5...

I think PSA has a card show or coin show or something this past week. I'm sure they will be adding them shortly.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
    See, I knew you'd be on it!

I thought $50 was the basis for 1.5 weight, but I wasn't positive. Shouldn't Elway be weighted 1.5 instead of 1? And what about Montana? SMR is $110, more than Young at $100, yet Young is 2 and Montana 1.5.

You are absolutely correct Southsider...With the grade weights based on SMR and the SMR constantly changing the weights aren't always going to be 100% correct. I usually send a grade weight update to BJ once per year, usually in conjunction with the new HOFers being added...I totally forgot about it, so thanks for the reminder...

After scrubbing the list and making corrections based on current SMR prices, 40 cards will be changing based on updated prices over the past year...Some up and some down, but corrected for now none the less...

I'll be sending this to BJ and Gayle tonight so you should expect slight changes in your set rating in the near future.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
    I'm really surprised the new Hall-of-Famers have not been added to the set. Whether or not PSA is set up at a show this week, you would think that someone would still be back at the ranch to make the additions.
    The response I got from Cosetta said she would forward to Joe O. for approval and should have the new cards and also the updated weights online within the next 2-3 days. And I got that e-mail on the 15th..

Its on their to-do list and I'm sure it will get taken care of as soon as possible..I've never known any of the PSA Set Registry employees to hold out or slack off on anything...

Now the rest of the PSA employees are another story...lol..But BJ, Gayle and Cosetta are money in the bank...

Jason
  • Hey Jason - how about the 94 Ted Williams Card Co. Madden - I believe that's his first and only card.
    C56, V252, V128-1 sets
    Hall of Famers from all 4 sports

<< <i>BJ, Gayle and Cosetta are money in the bank... >>

Totally agree. But I think they could use some help. The Set Registry is a monster.
    Well, I do what I can for them Shag, and I do it all for free!!!lol

Art,

The HOF RC set is strictly a player set...The Player/Coach/Admin set allows coach cards, but its not a weighted specific card set like the HOF RC set...

Jason
    Maybe the crew at PSA needs a polite reminder?
    I'll shoot them an e-mail and make sure we are still on track with the additions.

I'm not in a big rush myself since I don't have the Carson or Wright RCs yet..lol

Jason
    Just got an e-mail back from Cosetta (yes she's that quick..lol) and she stated that the cards and new grade weights have been approved and will be uploaded within the next couple of days. Possibly even today.

Jason
    The Set Registry gang at PSA sure are great aren't they? I've always had quick replies and nothing but courtesy when I've sent emails. image
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    yes the girls are great for the set registry. too bad there arent more of them to help out.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
    Set has been updated...