Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New favorite Ebay seller

I know little about marketing, and care even less. But it's certain one thing does really help sell merchadise - yep, sex appeal!

So I get this Robin 'somebody' card in the mail today, and the Ebay seller includes a little pic card of herself. Yep, I immediately set this one as my favorite seller! image Cool ebay name too, don't you think? (that's sox as in redsox). I sent an email and asked permission to post her pic here - so it's OK (and she was flattered). image I know - in real life she probably weighs 300 lbs and is called Bubba. But we can pretend, can't we? image Spam: Now go out there and buy some cards from her. image

<< image >>

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Never saw that one before. Too funny!

Matt
  • Options
    She is now on my favs list !

She is from Massachusetts and she looks like a Kennedy ! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn TB...

My first thought after seeing her picture was that she looks like a Kennedy! image

Steve
  • Options
    Yupper. Sliksoxchik9 is definately the queen of marketing. I have purchased a couple of cards from her before, and every order comes with her paper "calling card".........
  • Options

<< <i>Damn TB...

My first thought after seeing her picture was that she looks like a Kennedy! image

Steve >>

I actually think she looks like a Kerry from MA.......
  • Options
    Yep, I think she is a dead ringer for Maria Shriver, As much as the Kennedys fool around who Knows ??

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    She's a he.
    Life is harsh.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options

<< <i>Damn TB...

Steve >>

Why, cause she has the "uncontrollable" hair??

• Options

<< <i>She's a he.
    Life is harsh. >>

I kinda thought the same thing. I f you look close enough, there appears to be an Adams Apple! image

matt
  • Options

<< <i>She's a he.
    Life is harsh. >>

That's enough you guys, hee hee.

If my ol ladie looked that good, I might not spend so much time collecting old junk and hockey cards.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's one that posted a few years ago...

Here name was Charlie - can't remember the ebay ID.

I think she liked long walks, guys with a sense of humor and hot fudge sundays. Turn offs: NPBs!!!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I bet "she" has more in her jock than Robin does...

I bought from a seller, I think the ID was LuvnAlaska or something like that, she sent the card and a note that looked like one from 7th grade where she would switch pen color every word and she had drawn hearts all over it in gold ink. It was kind of strange that someone took so much time to do it.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< I know - in real life she probably weighs 300 lbs and is called Bubba >>>

You got that right - LOL
  • Options
    JmnesqJmnesq Posts: 250 ✭✭
    You all DO realize, that tht's a man, baby.

Seriously, it's a dude.

Jeff

Collecting Bowman Chrome Phillies Rookie Cards and Mike Schmidt certified auto cards.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Thought she looked like Lisa Marie Presley:

And I am not saying that is a good thing!

Stingray
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭
    THIS is marketing!
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Nice wallpaper!!

Stingray
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Great!!! now i got drool all over my keyboard!! Thanks alot!!
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>Great!!! now i got drool all over my keyboard!! Thanks alot!! >>

Sure its drool. image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
  • Options
    Hmmm, now I have an Adam's apple & I look like a guy. I haven't heard that before . I didn't realize that men were so proud of their ability to wear "jock straps". Makes me wonder. Sorry to dissapoint a few of you, but I'm female. Could be poor photography. Come to think of it, wearing a jock strap sounds pleasant compared to a c-section (the only surgery I've had in my 49 years), PMS & the sheer delight of pre-menopauseimage Kennedy, Shriver .. possible. I'm not telling. To the guy on drugs... I'm sorry. It has now become quite clear to me that brain cells are indeed affected by over indulgence. Bubba is a rather cute nickname & I've been called worse, I'm I prefer to go by Paula. If it turns you on to imagine me at 300 lbs..no big deal . Post pics of your girlfriends & wives. Let's see how they rate ? C'mon all you handsome studs... put your money where your mouth isimage Thanks to those of you who gave me compliments. NOW..can we stick to baseball ? Yikes ! P.S. I enclose a pic of myself with the items I ship to add a more personal touch. All my files are apparently too large,or I'd enclose a few pics to give you something to look at ..
  • Options
    I appologize for the poor quality pics ,but I tried to make the files smaller & it didn't work well,obviously image
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    my apologies for the above post.. it was uncalled for..

·p_A·
  • Options
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    o.k....
  • Options
    did somebody say

cougar?
  • Options
    Master collector ? Looks more like a Master ba_ _ _. I won't finish that line. You look too much like someone's sweet grandfather image Can I throw up now ????
  • Options
    sliksoxchik9 - Very nice pics. What's a good looking woman like you doing in a place like this?

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    This thread has certainly taken an awkward turn.
  • Options
    For 49, you are a very attractive lady and into sports as well image, shall we run away together..lol
    seriously though very nice pic's image
  • Options

<< <i>For 49, you are a very attractive lady and into sports as well image, shall we run away together..lol
    seriously though very nice pic's image >>

Hey - BACK OFF! I hit on her first!!!

• Options
    I never complained about the pics I got. In fact, I have one thumb-tacked up on the board next to my monitor along with various other dealer cards, to remind me of the people I have come in contact with on the web during my Ebay days......
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    pandrews,

You almost got me busted by the boss I was laughing so hard. Keep it coming.
    Travis
  • Options

<< <i> Post pics of your girlfriends & wives. Let's see how they rate ? C'mon all you handsome studs... put your money where your mouth isimage >>

First off, I would like to apologize for insulting you. You are right I am sure it was the photo. We were just having some fun. Thats what we do here. By the way welcome and enjoy your stay.

Here's my wifes photo, I am fortunate to have such a great wife.

Here is a picture of me and my brother. I am the better looking one. People say I remind them of Tom Cruise (I think I am much Better looking then him). What do you think? I am hot, right? image

Matt
  • Options
    Thanks stevek image
    I don't know what I'm doing here, but Happy Valentine's Dayimage I'm heading out for a martini .. tough crowd in this place !
  • Options
    P,
    That's the best offer I've had in awhile. I've always loved sports & am involved in many areas of baseball . 'Nough said for now. I spend more time at Fenway park than I do with my grandaughter image
    Can't complain, I've had a good life !
  • Options
    Matt ..I'm in LOVE ....come on over babe . I'm looking for a husband image
  • Options
    Matt,
    I'm not sure if I'm using the right reply button, but your wife is attractive .Oh god..now someone will think I'm a lesbian...
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Matt ..I'm in LOVE ....come on over babe . I'm looking for a husband image >>

Matt

Make sure you read the thread on the Girlfriend break-up on V-Day first
    Travis
  • Options
    Thanks fanatic ... you're my kind of guy.
  • Options

<< <i>Matt ..I'm in LOVE ....come on over babe . I'm looking for a husband image >>

Its my ears isnt it? You know what they say about people with big ears dont ya?...........................they use BIG cue tips image

matt