Home Sports Talk
Options

Billy Wagner question..

I see the stats but i have not seen him pitch that often.

were you astros fans and phillies fans always like game over when he came in? or is this something else im gonna have a heart attack about this upcoming season?

Comments

• Options
    Once any veteran becomes a Met, throw all of his old stats out the window. i.e. Glavine, Piazza, Beltran, Wagner etc etc...
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Once any veteran becomes a Met, throw all of his old stats out the window. i.e. Glavine, Piazza, Beltran, Wagner etc etc...

Dont know how you can add piazza to that list. he was the main reason we made the world series in 2000 and the nlcs in 99. he single handidly carried the mets on his back for 5 of the 7 years he was here.
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wagner was an upgrade from Jose Mesa but I never felt like it was game over. The thing about him that got old was that he whines about the fans and the media, at least he did in Philly. He's a good pitcher but I think it will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure of New York.
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He injured his arm and back in the final pitch he threw last season and is now a total invalid - he can't even tie his own shoes without help.
  • Options
    He injured his arm and back in the final pitch he threw last season and is now a total invalid - he can't even tie his own shoes without help.

LOL stevek i guess we gonna keep this up in baseball also.. long live the cowboys and mets!!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He injured his arm and back in the final pitch he threw last season and is now a total invalid - he can't even tie his own shoes without help.

LOL stevek i guess we gonna keep this up in baseball also.. long live the cowboys and mets!! >>

The Cowboys I can't stand but actually I've got no problem with the Mets if they do well...except of course of course when they play my Phillies image

Just a feeling but I think the Phils and the Mets are going to have a good year.
  • Options
    Just a feeling but I think the Phils and the Mets are going to have a good year.

I just dont understand why philly (was/is?) trying to trade bobby abreau...?
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I see the stats but i have not seen him pitch that often.

were you astros fans and phillies fans always like game over when he came in? or is this something else im gonna have a heart attack about this upcoming season? >>

Back in the day when he was a 'Stro, you knew the game was over when he walked up to the mound. He talked smack about our Owner and was promptly shown the door:

Link

Had he kept his trap shut, I seriously doubt we would have shipped him. Having said that, Lidge was lights-out prior to becoming today's Mitch Williams...
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts