Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Check out this Rack

There are a few Civil War collectors here and I thought this was pretty sweet and rare.

1962 Civil War rack pack
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    there was a case of these in mastro recently if I recall.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

That item is awesome ... but with a thread title of 'Check out this Rack' I was expecting so much more ... image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>That item is awesome ... but with a thread title of 'Check out this Rack' I was expecting so much more ... image >>

I had to do something for all yous to open the thread image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's really a neat item.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    << That item is awesome ... but with a thread title of 'Check out this Rack' I was expecting so much more ... >>

Especially with zef204 as the poster....image
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options

<< <i><< That item is awesome ... but with a thread title of 'Check out this Rack' I was expecting so much more ... >>

Especially with zef204 as the poster....image >>

Hey now, Stone is the one that usually throws that "rack" picture up. image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like those racks...with the confederate money in them.

This is right around the time I stopped doing baseball and jumped to comic books and Mad Magazine.

And the rack? I had to resist the urge!!!!

Mike
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I really like those racks...with the confederate money in them.

This is right around the time I stopped doing baseball and jumped to comic books and Mad Magazine.

And the rack? I had to resist the urge!!!!

image >>

Resist the urge??? You kidding me?? I happened to take the day off today and waited all day for the real "rack", and all you can say is you're resisting the urge??

Paint me disappointed!! image

I'm off to find my own rack.

shawn
  • Options
    Hi,
    I won this auction and now I'm trying to decide what to do with it. I bought it with the intent of cracking it and sending the best of the lot to PSA to be graded. I'm starting to have second thoughts and may just put it away for awhile. I'd appreciate any thoughts.
    Thanks,
    Spikemax
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpikeMax:

By looking through some closed ebay auctions, it appears PSA 9's are going for around $300; 8's - $30 to $50 - so it may take you (10) 8's and (2) 9's to get your money out of it after grading/shipping/ebay/paypal fees are calculated - or (25) 8's. The key will be getting some 9's. If the cellos inside the rack aren't so tight that the corners get damaged you may be wise to go for the 9's. You'll know when you see the corners on the 6 visible cards - and the centering.

Good Luck.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max, a couple of 10's in there and you are a winner!!!!!

Are you collecting this set graded Bill?

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>That item is awesome ... but with a thread title of 'Check out this Rack' I was expecting so much more ... image >>

Will this pass PSA/DNA?
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    that's superimposed face...

did you do that?

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    No, as is, real card with real auto.
  • Options

<< <i> but with a thread title of 'Check out this Rack' I was expecting so much more >>

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Jose was hittin that ??

• Options
    Hi Dan,
    I've put a few nice raw cards together, will send them to be graded with the hopes of putting a graded set together. I wanted to break this pack and go from there. Your 78 set looks great, congratulations on your hard work.
    Thanks,
    Bill
  • Options

<< <i>Jose was hittin that ?? >>

Have you seen the Playboy w/ her in it...MY GOD!
  • Options
    Hi Mike,
    Thanks for your input. I broke a few vending boxes when I had my 78 Topps Set and loved it. I'm going to break this and hope for the best and just enjoy the moment of blowing $800 bucks.
    Thanks,
    Bill
  • Options

<< <i>Hi,
    I won this auction and now I'm trying to decide what to do with it. I bought it with the intent of cracking it and sending the best of the lot to PSA to be graded. I'm starting to have second thoughts and may just put it away for awhile. I'd appreciate any thoughts.
    Thanks,
    Spikemax >>

Spike
    In terms of investment - if that's where we're going.

IMO, a rack, pack etc. is always worth more unopened - the mystery kept intact.

That's just my take on this kind of stuff, in general.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    OK, guys, if we're talking racks...

The bling bling sling lady always takes first place!

Mike
  • Options
    Mike,
    Thanks very much for your advise. After I receive the cards and take a little time to admire them, I'll decide what I'll do.
    Thanks again,
    Bill
  • Options

<< <i>Mike,
    Thanks very much for your advise. After I receive the cards and take a little time to admire them, I'll decide what I'll do.
    Thanks again,
    Bill >>

What cards? Was this a thread about cards?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Mike,
    Thanks again,
    Bill >>

What cards? Was this a thread about cards? >>

Spike,

I think you have to see them as well. There are 3 cellos inside the rack and you will need to see if the cellos took its toll on the cards. Also, this set has been gaining popularity lately and I feel will continue to do so. Holding onto the rack is never a bad move, but if ther are 3 PSA 9's in there, you will likely make your money back and then have the other 27-32 card to put in your set.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions