Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1975 rack pack

I don't know the going rate for a '75 rack pack, but I'm guessing the guy who just recently pulled this card from one is going to come out ahead????

Sweet Brett

That would be one nice pull.

shawn

Comments

• StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Geez, for that price you could probably buy the set at 80% complete in PSA 8, no? Again, can someone make their money back on this type of purchase, looking at it from a investment.

Stingray
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its cheaper now than it was yesterday evening. The person who had the high bid yesterday, his bid(s) is/are no longer showing. It was up to $8600, as I write this its down to $8000.

• packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    good for the seller ,if I recall he is the one who had the bvg 9.5 69 mantle that he sold for 5000 and the buyer received a gift on a cross to psa by getting a psa 10 and sold it for double
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Props to the seller for getting that much out of it. Idiot alert to the buyer for doing some serious overspending.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    Idiot alert, maybe not.

That card looks pretty dead on for a psa 10.

There are '75 enthusiasts and Brett enthusiasts out there (a very small minority) that have no problem paying the premium for a really nice card like that.

I wouldn't personally, but beauty is in the eye of the psa-holder.

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    The seller is right on in his description.

The SMR does say a PSA 10 Brett rookie sold for $10,063 in 2003. So I'm interersted in seeing if the price ends above or below that number, seeing if the card has actually increased in value/demand in the last 3 years.

I'm with you Sting, I'd rather have a nice PSA 8 set instead of one card, or a whole lot of other things for $8000, but more power to you if you have that kind of dough to throw around. Lord knows I don't.

Shawn.
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭
    Nice card, but is it a good investment? I think I would rather make a downpayment on a rental house.
  • I could almost pay off my credit cards.
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    If someone is a serious Brett collector, I could see it. But when I think of how much true vintage I could buy for $8000, buying a PSA 10 rookie card from 1975 doesn't even cross my mind.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
    usually anyone willing to fork over 8k for a single card does not have to worry about picking and chosing what he is going to buy. he is going to buy this card as well as any other card that he wants. "value" and "investment" are not 2 words that this type of buyer uses when buying cards.
    I'd be upset if I was high bidder right now. Again, the high bidder from yesterday, his bids have been withdrawn. And he was bidding that card up aggressively. And the current high bidder, his bid is $345 higher than the second highest bid(the increment should be $100). That auction is inflated because of the guy who's bids have been withdrawn, or rejected, whatever. image
  • There are a lot of people out there with so much money to burn it is ridiculous. Unfortunatly most of us do not have the unlimited funds and have to live week to week paying mortgage rent etc. If I hit the gene pool or real lottery I would rather buy 3 or 4 t206 hall of famers in 8 condition, sounds like a better idea
  • RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭
    I'd have to look back but I'm sure Superior had a PSA 10 in one of their recent auctions.
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I guess you guys are right, someone spending this kind of dough is not worried about the investment potential of this card.

Stingray

<< <i>I'd be upset if I was high bidder right now. Again, the high bidder from yesterday, his bids have been withdrawn. And he was bidding that card up aggressively. And the current high bidder, his bid is $345 higher than the second highest bid(the increment should be $100). That auction is inflated because of the guy who's bids have been withdrawn, or rejected, whatever >>

His bid is $345 higher and not 100 higher because he hit the reserve which is 8k. The seller cancelled the bid of the other guy because he could not be verified. kudo's to the seller for keeping the auction legit and not letting someone run up a legitimate buyer
    pack collector- Thanks, that explains it. I forgot about the reserve. image