Home Sports Talk
Options

Mcnair????

I have always been a fan of his. I think he is a great qb... but how did he make the probowl this year? i didnt think he even played 12 games this year?

Comments

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

How did Vick make the Pro Bowl. I don't think it is always based on stats.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Because the real pro bowlers this year, Tom Brady, Jake Plummer, and Carson Palmer were all unable to play due to injury.

I guess after you throw out AFC guys like David Carr, Gus Frerotte, Kerry Collins, and Kyle Boller, well, let's just say McNair was the next logical choice.

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Not being a homer here, but, what about Big Ben over McNair?
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not being a homer here, but, what about Big Ben over McNair? >>

No, good point. But if you watched the game, it's not exactly about winning.

Roethlisberger and the Steelers are winners, but his 2300 yards passing this year doesn't look great next to McNairs 3100, or Trent Green's 4100 to be honest.

I think the Super Bowl winning QB would've been a nice replacement choice in a game for the fans, but the team may have been set before the Steelers improbable Super Bowl run.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

Ben a top flight AFC qb? hahah thanks for the laugh...I needed that.

As big red pointed out, Ben's ISN'T the reason the steelers are winners. Great defense and a killer game anchored by willie parker (who will get his due now that Jerome 'mr. stat padder' bettis has shown himself the door).

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Ben a top flight AFC qb? hahah thanks for the laugh...I needed that.

As big red pointed out, Ben's ISN'T the reason the steelers are winners. Great defense and a killer game anchored by willie parker (who will get his due now that Jerome 'mr. stat padder' bettis has shown himself the door). >>

If Michael Vick got selected, Big Ben certainly should be there.
  • Options

<< <i>

No, good point. But if you watched the game, it's not exactly about winning.

Roethlisberger and the Steelers are winners, but his 2300 yards passing this year doesn't look great next to McNairs 3100, or Trent Green's 4100 to be honest.

I think the Super Bowl winning QB would've been a nice replacement choice in a game for the fans, but the team may have been set before the Steelers improbable Super Bowl run. >>

I just want you to tell me the rationale for taking McNair over Roethlisberger:

Ben-Accounted for 20 TD's with 10 turnovers (EDITED to say in two less games)
    McNair-Accounted for 17 TD's with 15 turnovers (plus he played on a terrible team)

Please explain...
  • Options
    It's golf this time of year, and that's better.
  • Options

<< <i>It's golf this time of year, and that's better. >>

I knew this time of the year always sucked for some reason or another...image
  • Options

<< <i>If Michael Vick got selected, Big Ben certainly should be there. >>

I didn't know Roethlisberger plays for an NFC team image