Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2000 topps traded question

Anyone opened many of these factory sets?? Just curious if the Cabrera auto is as prevelent as the other cards or was it short printed.

This card has been selling for near $800 bucks on ebay UNGRADED. That's a lot of dough!! I bought two sets a couple of years ago and opened one the day I bought them. Of course, if I recall my auto was a guy named Junior Brignac, a name I can hardly forget.

With the price of the Cabrera going up, up and away, I thought about cracking the other one. Just wondering what my chances were on the big pull. Is there an auto version of all 130+ players in the set, therefore making my odds of the Cabrera 1/130+??

I've noticed the unopened set prices have been steadily rising on eBay so somebody out there must be cracking boxes looking for Cabrera.

thanks for any help.

Shawn.

Comments

• Options
    I think its an 80-card autograph set, but dont quote me on that
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    It looks like an 80 card set with no mention of SP's. So I guess you are looking at a 1/80 shot.
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Only 80, huh??

I should've bought more of these up in the $25 range a few months back. They've gone up since then. 1/80 chance on a $800 Cabrera auto. I gotta say, that doesn't sound too bad.

When you think about it, only the Manning contenders ticket auto and the Pujols Bowman chrome auto sell for more (not counting short printed, cut, 1 of 1's, PSA 10'S, etc.) and you have to spend a whole lot more for a box of that stuff and the odds are probably worse.

Plus, there are consolation rookie autos of Ben Sheets, Lyle Overbay, Carlos Zambrano, K Rod, and Barry Zito. Maybe I should look to buy more.

Then again, maybe I'd just pull another Junior Brignac auto.
    I figure I can at least send in the Cabrera base card on my next $5 special order.

i'll post a scan (of my sure to be disappointment) if I best my set.

shawn
  • Options
    Bust it!
    By the way you cannot really compare it to buying the Bowman Chrome 01 box because the Pujols was a Red.
  • Options
    PM sent.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    LOL

Looking on ebay, noticed you can also pull a Wascar Serrano, Leo Estrella, Wilfredo Rodriguez, or Elvin Nina.

Wascar & Elvin???? LOL, that'd be my luck.

Oh to pull this one though (stolen from ebay)

Oh well, one can hope.

Allen, Pujols was a red, what does that mean?? I'm not familiar with the boxes/card.

Shawn.
  • Options
    Red.= Redemption
    You got a redemption card to send it for the Pujols, the redemption is long expired so there are no more Pujols to be found.

Maybe if you don't pull Miguel you can atleast get a cool Ryan Cabrera Auto LOL j/k