Anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    1) Boston
    2) Blue Jays
    3) Yankees
    4) Orioles
    5) Rays

Because the only thing more enjoyable than watching the Yankees lose in the playoffs is seeing them miss the postseason all together!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    1. Boston

2. Toronto

3. Yankees

4. Tampa Bay

5. Orioles

Although, 3/4 could switch places easily - the Yanks have weak pitching, and the D-Rays are getting better every year.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Yankees
    2. Blue Jays
    3. Red Sox
    4. Orioles
    5. Rays

Red Sox pitching has as much or more question marks than the Yankees. Sox run production will be way down to boot Blue Jays the dark horse .......

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

1. Yankees
    2. Blue Jays
    3. Rays
    4. Red Sox
    5. Orioles
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    1. Red Sox
    2. Blue Jays
    3. Yankees
    4. Devil Rays
    5. Orioles

Red Sox pitching has more questions than the Yankees? Well that would be true since the yankees staff is a shambles, and the red sox has at least some hope.

• Options
    C'mon Spammy - Sox fourth? image

Hey Soft - don't forget about Papelbon.

Seriously, the Sox actually have too many starters...they need to trade one or two. The Yanks? The Unit is 72 years old, has arthritic knees, and can't pitch under pressure in NY. Beyond that, who else you got?
  • Options

<< <i>1. Yankees
    2. Blue Jays
    3. Rays
    4. Red Sox
    5. Orioles >>

D'rays ahead of the Sox?

Quit drunk posting...it makes you look more moronic than you already do!
  • Options

<< <i>C'mon Spammy - Sox fourth? image

Hey Soft - don't forget about Papelbon.

Seriously, the Sox actually have too many starters...they need to trade one or two. The Yanks? The Unit is 72 years old, has arthritic knees, and can't pitch under pressure in NY. Beyond that, who else you got? >>

CT, care to make a friendly wager on the standings this year? You know, a cherry pick or two from our 1978 registry sets? I have some serious needs for a couple of your cards. image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Yanks
    Sox
    Jays
    Rays
    Orioles
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

• Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    1. Jays - They have assembled an excellent team, and suddenly, they have depth in pitching and hitting. If healthy, Halladay could be the best pitcher in the game with solid run support.

2. Yankees - Running out of gas, but still enough in the tank for a decent season this year... shaky starting pitching but line-up can overcome that most days.

3. Boston - This team will deeply miss Damon, and Coco won't be able to come close to replicating him. Their starting pitching is very questionable, and their bullpen is even worse, especially with an ineffective closer. Shilling is a long-shot to be healthy for a full season - and he was total crap last season when he pitched when he wasn't healthy.

4. Tampa - If they were in the NL West, they could battle to win the division, but here, they can't match-up to finish better than 4th. Strong line-up with tons of speed, several prospects have great potential and should get a chance to prove it this season.

5. Baltimore - Tejada should have followed through with his trade demand... this team is a disaster from top to bottom and now he's going to sink with the ship (at least for a month or two until he realizes how awful it is, then demands a trade again). Mike Flanagan could be the next GM to lose a job. One of the worst off-seasons of all teams in MLB.
  • Options
    Great shirts! image

Soft, I'll make a friendly wager with you, no problem. I might be breaking my 78 set though - perhaps something else?
  • Options
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Wow, you Bosox fans are really taking this Damon thing hard!

1-Yanks
    2-Blue Jays
    3-Red Sox
    4-Orioles
    5-DRays

I'll have to admit...I come very close to putting Blue Jays in 1st. I'm not only because such a newly assembled team takes time to gel and I think that will be their downfall.
    I think Yanks in 3rd or worse and Boston in 1st is just wishful thinking....IMO
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Here's my prediction:

1. Don't care
    2. Don't care
    3. Don't care
    4. Don't care
    5. Yankees

This is all that matters to me about this division.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, you Bosox fans are really taking this Damon thing hard!

I'll have to admit...I come very close to putting Blue Jays in 1st. I'm not only because such a newly assembled team takes time to gel and I think that will be their downfall.
    I think Yanks in 3rd or worse and Boston in 1st is just wishful thinking....IMO >>

No, I think they are laughing AT the yankees for overspending for this guy. How can yankee fans so willingly open their arms to this clown after (a) being the face of 'the enemy' for several years and (b) saying in no uncertain terms 'I'll never play for the yankees'? I mean how can any so-called 'fan' cheer for a guy like that?

Oh wait, these are yankee 'fans' we're talking about, they don't understand loyalty.

• Options
    Oh, of course you must be right Ax because you are one of those Bosox fans? Is that how you know or is that just what you like to pretend? Playtime is over Junior.
  • Options
    Exactly Ax - the more that comes out about this deal, the better it seems for the Sox. The Sox front office put the 4 year 40 million offer on the table to Damon, knowing it was more than fair - but hoping that someone would throw more money at him, giving them a way out of having to overpay him for his declining services over the next 4 years. The Yankees obliged. Of course, it becomes more ridiculous to the Sox fan - who has heard for the past few years that he "would never play for the Yankees" and "it's not about the money". Guess what?

Then, almost two months after the signing, he takes out that ad in the Boston Globe...wonder if he feels like he made a mistake? In any event, things couldn't have worked out better for Boston. Good luck JD - you are sure going to need it where you're going.
  • Options

<< <i>Oh, of course you must be right Ax because you are one of those Bosox fans? Is that how you know or is that just what you like to pretend? Playtime is over Junior. >>

You don't have to be a sox fan to know they have far more upside to their pitching than the woeful yankees.

The chimp in your photo knows the yankees pitching staff is a mess...why don't you?
  • Options
    Time will tell.....

And thankfully Im not a Mariners because it must suck being more concerned with the Yanks than my own favorite team
  • Options

<< <i>Great shirts! image

Soft, I'll make a friendly wager with you, no problem. I might be breaking my 78 set though - perhaps something else? >>

CT, breaking your 78 set? We need to talk sir! I am in need of a few cards from your set. You can even over charge me since I am a low life crappy Yankee fan. PM me!!!

• Options

A761506, great and honest assessment by an unbiased New York and Boston fan.

Then, almost two months after the signing, he takes out that ad in the Boston Globe...wonder if he feels like he made a mistake?

Neh, the caveman just likes to be loved. Also, he realizes the tremendous burden and historical importance that he now must carry on his shoulders since he will be only the second player since the Bambino to have WS rings on both the Yankees and Red Sox. He has to keep on the good side of both sets of fans for future Yankee and Red Sox alumni gatherings. image

CTSox, thanks much for the photo. It's great.
  • Options
    1. Yankees

2. Orioles

3. Sox

4. Jays

5. Rays

Yankees may be older, they may have added more high priced talent, umm, I mean high priced players, but they are still the Yanks and Steinbreener still has a big checkbook. They did it bringing in Aaron Small and Shawn Chacon last season. They'll find decent pieces of the puzzle again this year.

Only reason I'm putting the Orioles 2nd is I really do believe Leo Mazzone can do something with their pitching.

Boston? Outside of Manny and Papi their lineup doesn't send chills down by back. Sorry.

I think the Jays have a great infield, but the outfield is suspect. Too many what ifs on the Jays. Vernon Wells has the talent to put up better numbers than he has. Outside of Halladay, the pitching doesn't wow me. Chacin had flashes of brilliance last year. Can he repeat? Burnett has talent but can he stay healthy? B.J. Ryan looks great, but that was before the rich contract. and Molina is a 31 year old catcher with what, 15-16 years on his knees?

The Rays are baseballs official farm team. They have a lot of talented players that will be playing in Boston/Baltimore/NY/LA/fill in the blank real soon.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options

<< <i>Time will tell.....

And thankfully Im not a Mariners because it must suck being more concerned with the Yanks than my own favorite team >>

More concerned with the yankees than the Mariners?

Just because I post here more about them, hardly means that. It just means there are more yankee dorks here so it's easy to joust with you.

• Options

<< <i>1. Yankees
    2. Blue Jays
    3. Rays
    4. Red Sox
    5. Orioles >>

Spammy, just switch the Yank-mees and Red Sox, and you will have it right.

By the way, what's the over/under for Orioles wins? I say 65!! image
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    1. Yanks
    2. Sox (no wild card this year)
    3. Jays
    4. Os
    5. Rays

Sorry bosox fans, Damon gets division winning hit late in season.
    Capecards
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry bosox fans, Damon gets division winning hit late in season. >>