Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

anyone adding a complete set?

As i am working on my Carew Master Set and my 54'Bowman set which is not listed, i was trying to think of a new project for this year. So i decided to work on two modern sets that are currently not listed here at PSA. The first which i will be sending in on the 18th is the 1992 LEAF GOLD PREVIEWS SET. This is a beautiful 33 card set full of HOF'S in a beautiful Jet Black frame border. Just as tough on the chipping as the 71's. My second will the the 1992 LEAF BLACK GOLD 528 CARD SET. That will be the time consuming one. Although many cards are cheap in the set, it's just a great looking set with great photos. Anyone doing the same?

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I may do the 1959 Fleer Ted Williams set. As a Sox man, I have always thought about it. Also may do the 1958 Topps All Star cards.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Carew29- Those are two beautiful modern sets. The 528 card 92 Leaf Black Gold set will be difficult. If I remember correctly those cards were a parallel version and inserted 1 per pack. I'm not exactly sure though. I haven't seen any of these cards graded. Have you? Most people will think that since this is a modern set, that it will be easy to grade. Far from the truth. LMK how it goes.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    Carew29...I had oodles and oodles of those cards...I'll check in storage and see what's laying around..
  • Options
    A while back, I begin my first modern set -- 2002 Studio Private Signings. At the time, it was unlisted. I sent the request for addition of the set to the Set Registry folks and it was added almost immediately. I believe it was added so quickly because I had provided all of the weightings for the cards for them. So far, the set has been a lot of fun. Of all of the cards in the population report for the set, only about 5 or so were not submitted by me. Considering that many of the cards are number to 15 or 25, I may never complete the set... LOL As of right now, I have about 20% of the set in graded form and about another 55% of the set in raw form. I will be sending in the remaining raw cards as money and PSA specials permit.

My Set with Scans

Good luck,
    Mike
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I"m working on a set of signed Perez Steele Great Moments cards- the ones that look like T3's. Most of the players are still alive, and they make a nice presentation.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    I just got the last two graded and requested that the 1996 Playoff Prime Honors Football set be added. Its a monster set of 3 cards. But all should be HOFer's and are leather. Also a hard to pull insert. I cant belive that I got the set on Ebay for around $50 or less, not sure anymore. The Favre is a PSA 10, while both the Emmitt Smith and Curtis Martin are PSA 9.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>I"m working on a set of signed Perez Steele Great Moments cards- the ones that look like T3's. Most of the players are still alive, and they make a nice presentation. >>

I love 'em

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I picked up two complete parrellel sets from Kruks Cards last year and one of the sets had the 33 card subset included. I think i have a pretty solid NM/MT or better complete set between the two. The expense is what kills you!! $5 X 528=$2,640 to grade this set!! But for now i can say for certian when it gets done it will probably be the only one!!
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

So far as of today---112 have been graded "black gold". Mostly they were Star cards. Probably people who were grading them to add to their Master Set for whatever Star.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    My 1996 Playoff Prime Honors set is now posted.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    I am waiting for a grading special to submit my idea for a new set. Back in 2000, I got hooked on the Skybox Xceptional baseball cards. They were Red # to 1999, Green #999, and Blue #250. Of course, I decided to collect the Blues and create a lot of headaches for myself. They were pretty tough inserts that were in a crappy product but I still like them. If they weren't already tough enough, I decided to collect a matching numbered set(which I will never, ever complete, but I like the challenge). There were only 15 cards to complete the insert set. If anyone has some of these, let me know.
    #1 2000 Blue Xceptional Set(and #2 and #3, it's a sickness)
    1933 Giants