Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Complete 1952 Topps Set on Ebay . . .

You sure don't see this everyday.

Appears to be legit. I'm very surprised there's no reserve.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Wow - I'm not sure that if I mortgaged the house I would even have enough to win that one.What a rare opportunity!
    << image >>
  • Options
    I bought this set to place in an album. So I cracked out several cards to make it fit properly. I cracked the #407 Mathews {PSA 3} The Mays {PSA 5} and the Campanella {PSA 4} as well as a couple of others.

WHY ????????????????????????????????????? SMells foul on that...why crack a Mays 5 to put in a flimsy piece of Plastic?????
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    What do you think this one finishes up at?

How about $17,500.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    Honestly though, if the homeboy has the Mantle in a 2 slab, everything else is just icing on the cake. The 5 on the Mays might be a little high, but a collector with that kind of a "backup" set would have the common sense and wherewithal to save the flips, like the cracked PSA 3 Mantle that sold a few months back.
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I am with Sandman why would you break all those slabs just to fit them into an album sleeve ? I looked at this guys 14th ranked set, he has his name on the set; Frank Cassara. He has all cards in 6 or 7 in that set except for the Mantle. Maybe he is selling his "backup" set to upgrade his mantle for his 14th ranked set? The guys got more cheese than me if he has two 1952 topps sets.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I would only bid if I was near by to investigate BEFORE bidding and to pick it up. Oh ya, and if I had the cash to afford it!
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, it ended at $16,300. If the set is as described, a pretty fair deal.