Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Does anyone know if PSA will grade the 1/1 printing plates?

I sent an email to PSA asking if they would... well, 7 days later I finally got a response of "What are printing plates?"
Well... I thought I was descriptive enough, but maybe not. I'm talking about the 1/1 (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black) printing plates that Topps has recently decided to insert into packs. I'd like to slab mine just to help protest it... and besides, it'd match the rest of the PSA graded cards I have of this particular player!

Anybody ever try to grade one of these? Any luck?

Thanks for any help!

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

Comments

• MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    I don't know about printing plates, but I understand there is someone on the globe who will slab your serving plates.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Well... I thought I was descriptive enough, but maybe not. I'm talking about the 1/1 (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black) printing plates that Topps has recently decided to insert into packs. I'd like to slab mine just to help protest it... >>

I pulled a 1/1 dontrelle willis from bowman chrome this year but in protest, I sold mine. image

Seriously though, I don't know why they wouldn't grade your card.

shawn
  • Acoording to pop report, There is a 2001 Topps gallery Piazzia Press plate that was graded.
  • slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Bump - I don't know that I've ever seen a PSA graded plate that wasn't an auto plate.

Can anyone verify that PSA grades 1/1 plates?
  • I think PSA dosen't know things like this, with printing plates and other rare or oddball stuff, they always seem to be lost about things like this - my own experince.

So, I ship out about 40 cards or so to be graded, which included a Press Pass Legends auto printing plate, so when they receive my package its on hold image So right away I say darn it was the printing plate, then I call to ask them what was wrong, so they say theres a card that cannot be graded so right I way i thought I knew, but it wasen't the plate, it was another card so i would say yes they will grade yours, or at least they should!

Look, there is pleanty of stuff that PSA gets wrong and most people know very little about cards, or the people on the phone anyway and the people answering to emails, all they know is how to process payments and enter pieces of cardboard(at least they think its only cardboard LOL) into the computer, most of those people if not all know nothing about cards, they just know how to do the little research in order to smack a name to that card. Sometimes there is info out there about a specific item but they will send it back anyway because they didn't find it because they didn't try hard enough I guess. I know this because there are cards that have been graded by PSA that I sent in that was not graded, and their explanation was that this card is not cateloged, so how do they exaplain that they already graded it? This is actualy something that just happened to me that I didn't even get the chance yet to get on the phone with them but I will call them to see whats what and maybe resend them in.

Anyway, so good luck with your card, hope the grade it for you, they should and if they don't just call them and see if you can send it back or if you have proof that another one has already been graded.

Good Luck!

HK
  • Someone posted a Shrek plate on here before.
    imageimageimage
  • I am thinking someone here had a couple on a sub that were rejected.
  • slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think PSA dosen't know things like this, with printing plates and other rare or oddball stuff, they always seem to be lost about things like this - my own experince.

<snip> >>

Thanks for the info and the good luck - guess I'll give it a shot and see what happens!

Hope you get your cards back quick.