Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Registered Mail troubles...

So I made a trade with a trader on another board. He is from France and request that I send registered. So I send and get a registered #, they tell me max coverage on registered when sending international is $44.00 and they will not insure anymore than that. This is abot a $600 trade but being no other option I snet anyway. That was 1-26-06 and he still has not recieved. When I check the # on USPS.com it say enroute and says it was recieved at the post office where I shipped it on 1-26-06 but nothing else. How worried should I be? Maybe it is held up at customs? or just taking a long tme? Anyone had a similar problem? Someone please tell me something good here...

Comments

• Those tracking numbers for the USPS web site are about worthless. Even after he recieves the package, it will still say "received at XXX post office" and the day you sent it. Probably still in route. Relax.......
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

The French are nothing but a bunch of stinky, America hating, cowardly sissies.
    You are a traitor for even dealing with one. You got what you deserved ... image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Just an update. I shipped on 1-24-06 not 1-26 as I said before.

When I check the registered # it still says enroute and says when the package was scanned into the system. The guy finally got the cards yesterday the 22nd. The post office made it in just under a month, usps.com said it would take 3-5 days and they never scanned the registered barcode at all. I think they should refund me some of my $17.00 I paid to have it shipped.
  • yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    That's just how it goes with registered mail. You're paying for security, not speed. I've shipped a couple of parcels to Canada recently using registered mail and they both took at least 3 weeks. The status updating was only marginally better, too. What was weird is that one line of the update would say something like "left country of origin" and the next line would be "arrived in destination country," yet those events were as much as a week apart. Heading north, one instantly arrives in Canada upon leaving the U.S., no?
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    yawie99- Glad to hear that it is not just me. I wish you would have posted that a few weeks ago when I was sweatin' it. As for the country of origin thing all I can think of is maybe it was hung up in customs? I know they are pretty strict about declared values and stuff.
  • yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I wish I had noticed this to help ease your mind. Customs is the only possible explanation for the apparent lag at the border, but I think there were other updates indicating that customs had received and then cleared the package. Either way it was a bit frustrating playing the waiting game. Still, registered is probably the safest way to go. Plus, it's a lot easier to conceal the value of the contents with registered mail than it is with Express mail. Express takes a different customs form (i.e. not the green slip) and you can't insure for one amount and declare another the way you can with registered.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage