Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1975 Topps Aaron psa 10 #660

Hasn't even been a week and now there is a PSA 10. Maybe that will lower the price of the next 9 that comes out.

Comments

• Options
    Thats going to bring a monster price if it go's up

DJJ
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's also another Brett rookie psa 10, pop. 5 now. Still no Younts though.
  • Options
    The Brett 10 is already up to 5k.
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pittfan- Now there's another PSA 9 #660 Aaron. pop 8 now. At this rate, I might be able to afford one in a couple years.image
  • Options
    Some day I will crack the right pack.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recall a thread here wherein a board member accurately foretold that a given 1975 rack would contain an Aaron - not pack searching but collation understanding. Lo and behold the rack yielded an Aaron.

I knew I should have printed that thread!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Mike you actually did this?
  • Options
    The 10 just hit Ebay!!! Does anyone think a bid of 4k will make it?
  • Options
    mcastaldimcastaldi Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    I don't think a $4k bid has a snowball's chance.

Mike
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • Options
    The good thing is the more 9's and 10's that hit the market the better the price gets for the rest of us poor folk.
  • Options
    PittFan - No, I didn't do it - just a thread that was on this board - between a board member who obviously has opened a LOT of 1975 racks and another board member who bought one on ebay - which had the Aaron (as was prophesized).

I wish it was me who got the pack fresh Aaron image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    The Brett sold for exactly $8000.

More than $2000 less than the one that sold in 2003.

Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i was the one that pulled one from a rack pack. i pulled a yaz as well. the rack pack i had did not have a header card on it.

it came back an 8 and the yaz a 9. the aaron was a very nice looking card. i think it has 9 all over it and i've been debating a resub.

and i don't think 4k will be near the final hammer on this.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    LD what is the secret?
  • Options
    Is it me or does that bottom right corner show white. Also is there a little tilt?
  • Options
    LD:

Regrade that thing! Or settle for a GAI 9.5 image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I know someone is going to say - "but, it's within PSA standards for a 10" - but, the L/R centering on this card doesn't look worthy of the Gem Mint grade, nor of a card that is going to sell for thousands of dollars.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure that Aaron had to go through a couple different people before they allowed a 10 on it. The buyback on it would be way too high to give it out easily.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i'll scan mine and let me know what you guys think on a resub.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Show me the scan!!!
  • Options
    Please forgive the advertisement, but I am selling a complete 1975 Topps set on eBay right now, and while the Aaron is one of the weaker cards, most of the set is in very fine condition. I think there are several HOF cards worth grading.

1975 Topps Complete Set
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Well - it *only* went for $5,101...

!!!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I know someone is going to say - "but, it's within PSA standards for a 10" - but, the L/R centering on this card doesn't look worthy of the Gem Mint grade, nor of a card that is going to sell for thousands of dollars. >>

It only sells for "thousands of dollars" because we all have egos and are willing to bid like drunken sailors for holders. Even if the card were 50/50 dead on should it sell for that much of a premium to one that is 52/48. In a normal world no , buy in a world where people have money to burn it will . capitalism at it's best!
  • Options
    mcastaldimcastaldi Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    packcollector> It's just a question of supply and demand. In the 1975 set, I'm absolutely convinced that the #660 Aaron is the toughest HOFer in PSA9. At the Chicago National in 2002, I turned the 4th Aaron 9. Nearly two years elapsed before there was another one. So to see a PSA10 pop up was a surprise. Given the 1975 collectors, HOF collectors, and some very aggressive Aaron collectors, I actually expected the card to go higher. But is the PSA10 $3500 better than a PSA9? Each collector has to answer that for themself.

Mike
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is it me or does that bottom right corner show white. Also is there a little tilt? >>

That is what I thought when I saw the scan (the corner issue).

Stingray