Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Hollywood Park-Los Angeles-Naxcom show-anyone going??

I will try to make it. Seems like the autograph lineup is a lot better this time.
Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!

Comments

• Options
    Maybe for a few hours on friday, I'm not sure yet.

It's interesting that they got Joe Montana on Sunday. Guess he got paid enough this time.

I'm not into autographs, but that's a big lineup.
  • Options
    I will give it a try, Tired of looing at the same 20 cards on ebay. Need a new place to spend some cash. Do they offer discount tickets anywhere? I know they did for the Buena park show. Whatever happened to that one?
  • Options
    Buena Park?? I never went, it didn't last very long. I think they had a show in Pomona last time, but I don't know about other locations. Shows are a dying breed now.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    Buena Park show will no longer be held. Just not enough customers and not enough sales for dealers to even make table fee. Van Nuys seems to be going the same way -only held once every quarter which is not enough consistency for repeat business. Too bad -
    they used to be fairly decent shows for a one day event.
  • Options
    Did anyone make it?

I went for a few hours Saturday morning; it was a fun show.

-There was a guy that had a ton of $5 PSA cards at competitive prices to ebay, in some cases better. Probably 1,000-1,500 cards; Mint 9 commons of 77-80 Topps basketball, 76 Topps, 84 Donruss.

-The modern wax was decent, better than I've seen in awhile. A nice selection of 80's stuff....83 Fleer, 84 Donruss, 85 Fleer at $4 a piece. 70's wax was nil.

-Is there always a playboy centerfold at these shows? Great if you're single...but what about the kids there?
  • Options
    I went. It was okay. I did great with hockey, but the other modern 3 sports, sucked. Did anyone noticed the one dealer who had NFL logo patches on his table. It wasn't clearly altered, but still, he must have searched packs to get all those 1/1 logos or have deep pockets.
    Sorry to hear about Buena Park show not being held there anymore.
  • Options
    I noticed a higher than normal amount of collectors with their vintage set lists out buying cards. That is a very positive sign for the hobby. The Sunday Reggie Bush signing looked like a Raider game crowd.
  • Options
    Decent turnout, always a good show. Only spent about $80.00 and most of that was at the dealer that had $5.00 PSA graded cards. A lot of cards to flip through, PSA really needs to list the card name on the top of the holder, kind of like GAI does. Really would make it a lot easier to look through 1500 PSA holders lined up in boxes. Bought 3 boxes of 1987 Topps, only $5.00 a box. Never collected in 87, so I will make a set now. A decent show, but I really need it to be July for the National.