Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Anybody have any Chris Sabo cards for sale?...

I'm a huge collector of Chris Sabo cards... and always looking! Search those common's boxes and let me know what you find! I'd prefer to hear about lots of 50ct or more at a time... if you have any, please let me know! Thanks! I'd also like to hear about any graded Sabo's out there for sale!

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

Comments

• Options
    What Sabo cards are you looking for? I know I have some but I'd have to dig them out.

Best,

Jim
    Vintage Baseball and Non Sports Collector
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    onefasttalon...

I'm sorry I don't have any Chris Sabo cards, but image to the board.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the welcoming!

As far as which Sabo cards I'm looking for? .. well, ANY of them! I'm a true collector! I'll be willing to listen to ANY lots you have! I'd even be will to make an offer on a lot of 500 of the same card if you had them! I know these cards are worthless, so I'd like to help keep the costs down by buying them in bulk (like lots of 50+).

Thanks Again!

• Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    Just came across a 1992 Cracker Jack Series 2 Sabo #16.
    If you want it let me know. No charge.

Found another: 1992 French's #14
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One

If I come across anything interesting, I'll let you know.

I'm always interested how people get attached to a player - especially one that is not a "superstar" - why Chris?

I remember him well - we was a solid player - I would guess OK career stats. Probably like a .280 lifetime hitter or something like that.

Unfortunately I don't have a player that I collect with any fervor.

Good luck on your quest
    mike

Mike
  • Options
    mkg809...
    Sure! No charge is my favorite! I will PM you additional contact info...

Stone193...
    Thanks for keep your eye's on for me, unfortunately most of my Sabo's these days have to come from common's boxes... NO FUN!

Why do I have such a passion to collect Chris Sabo? ... well, how much time ya got?
    When I was younger, my mother used to make sure we made it to at least a couple games a year in Cincinnati... it was always her favorite team growing up
    in the late 60's and 70'. One of the first games I remember going to was in 1988, when a young rediculous goggle-wearing third baseman weighing MAYBE
    125 pounds went 4-4 with a double, (2) HR's, and an inside-the-park HR! That was it... I was hooked! I went Chris Sabo nuts I started collecting his stuff
    at that time. I was about 12 at the time, so I only had so much $$ to collect his stuff. Believe it or not, there was actually a time (like a year and a half) that
    his stuff was actually pricey! Well... I never quit. I undoubtably own the largest collection of Chris Sabo on the planet, and quite possibly one of the largest
    collections of ANY single player!

Through the years, his stuff has become so worthless people GIVE me what they find. I think most do it because 1.) they don't care, and 2.) they think I'm
    a little nuts. Well, maybe I am but at least I'm dedicated! Don't get me wrong, I collected several other players and sets!

Where's Chris now? Well, two years ago he was in Billings Montana as the hitting coach for the Reds Rookie League Mustangs. One year ago
    he was the hitting coach for the single A Dayton Dragons (again, Reds) over in Ohio. This year? Who knows... maybe he's tucking bucks in the local TB's.

I've never met the guy, but I've heard he's a real jerk. Maybe it's a good thing I haven't had the pleasure, but I wouldn't pass it up!

• Options

<< <i>mkg809...
    I've never met the guy, but I've heard he's a real jerk. Maybe it's a good thing I haven't had the pleasure, but I wouldn't pass it up! >>

I like that. Don't know why, but I do. You know/think he is a jerk, but you still collect him because of fond childhood memories. Kinda cool. Kind of makes sense when someone says they are a Barry Bonds fan, Albert Belle Fan or even a Dick Allen fan. Same principle. A moment in time in your life you enjoyed following him & that leads you to your passion today.

I will look to see what cards I have also.

Good luck on your collection
    Orioles cards from 1960 to today.

Be good my brothers.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just the name brings back memories of a lifetime ago. I remember the Chris Sabo days as well. Blast from the past! And by the way you are a "TRUE" collector, its great to see somebody in it for the fun and not the cash.
  • Options
    i have a 1992 leaf chris sabo # 271 series 2.....send me any other card in return and you can have it....i just started buying cards and dont have any favorites yet....any old card will do for a trade....pm me
  • Options
    AndybrownAndybrown Posts: 103 ✭✭

"Those who choose to ignore history...............................................................................................!

• Options
    I'll PM ya Andy...