Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Un opened cello packs 1958 Topps Football Antiques Roadshow

I would've figured someone else would have mentioned this but since no one else has I will .Monday night on Antiques Roadshow a woman came in with 6 packs of 1958 topps Football in Cello form. I didn't know they were sold that way. Anyway, Unitas was on top of 1 and Bart Starr was on another. Story was her father owned a drug store and started selling toys and obviously football cards and he put some away for safe keeping. The expert estimated the packs, (depending on stars and condition) to be worth between $500-$1000 each. If a Brown was on top up to $2000. He asked her how many packs she had in her safety deposit box? Her answer; "312 packs!!" Guess there is some undiscovered vintage out there.
W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

• Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Actually, 2 different threads were started the night it aired.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I've seen two different threads already on this. Just probably worded differently. Estimate worth was $150,000 to $300,000 . I smell Mr Mint in the air.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats me. 2 days late and a dollar short. image
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.