Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Another Mantle Story

Ok, So my wife drags me to the flea market this past saturday, while wondering through we pass a trading card stand
so I stop to look at it and low and behold 1st things that pops is a 1961 mantle card in almost prestine condition, guys has it in cased
and asking 250 for it, so I asked him if was an true 1961 he said yes, then I look at it and its a reprint from some company called RPI/ RGI
something or another. So he offeres it to me for 175 now I'm either a fool and walked from the real mccoy or was smart enough to realize I knew what i was looking at was not the real thing.

So then I look at an autographed bat he has damn thing was old, he wanted 50 for it, It had mantles, williams and a couple of others autos
on it, the williams auto look liked his sig, but my question is why would mantle sign a bat like 5 times in different places. he did mention only reason he was asking 50 for it was that it had not been authenticated. why i posted this have no clue, thought maybe someone might find it interesting or offer some advice on what little I posted.