Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Customs question.

When sending coins overseas, what do you put on the customs form? I would think that "coins", "collectibles", or "numismatic items" is like putting a big "STEAL ME!" sticker on the package... image

Comments

• Options
    token.
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    Either medals or tokens. Out of over 100+ mails from the US that were declared that way to Australia, I only lost one. image
    List of my partial coin list: My Coin List
  • Options

<< <i>I would think that "coins", "collectibles", or "numismatic items" is like putting a big "STEAL ME!" sticker on the package. >>

Be honest on the large white form 2976-A and put it inside the package. Then place the bar code from the small green Form 1976 on the outside.

That's what you're required to do if the contents are over $400, but it's permissable on any package. That way the contents are unknown unless the package is actually opened. image
    Roy

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    To countries where corruption is not run amok, I've never gone far wrong with "Numismatic Specimen, Collector Value Only, Not Legal Tender."

No package thus far has been lost when sent with that declaration. Hung up in customs maybe, but not lost.

If the coin is expensive, best to send it registered - at least the item stays locked up.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    I usually wrote "Plastic Holder" for shipping slab coins and "hard paper card " for raw coins in 2X2.