Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Cross Over Q

I recently picked up a few SGC graded cards because they seemed like "bargins"...What should I expect for cross over results? A few people have told me it varies but they are pretty even on cards with no half grades.

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

As long as the centering is within PSA's guidelines, you shouldn't have a problem.

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - centering is the key, and do not assume that SGC's half grades will always equal a bump when crossing to PSA. They seem to grade similarly on corners and edges - for surface defects and centering PSA uses qualifiers as opposed to SGC's lower grades - so be mindful.

Ultimately, PSA has very explanatory grading guidelines which are adhered to admirably. While the occasionaly "slider" happens (and seem to be sniffed out and chastised on these boards), PSA is consistent.

I have crossed 20 or so SGC's to PSA's - most have stayed the same or gone up a half grade, but most were handpicked for this purpose. I've currently got 5 crossover attempts en route to PSA, including a Mantle, a Koufax, and a Maris.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Thanks guys...I'm afraid of the centering issue for the two key cards I bought (Mays & Ford) but the price was far enough below what I've seen in PSA lately.

">Ford Pic

">Mays Pic
  • Options
    Personally, I've had great (albeit limited) success with SGC crossovers, even occasionally getting a grade increase. I would feel pretty secure with an SGC grade.
  • Options
    What about BGS crossovers??? I have a ton of BGS Donruss.

Thanks,
    Joe
    88 Donruss - 1st All Time Finest Set
    Don Sutton Basic Set - 3rd All Time

Looking for 88 Donruss PSA 9 or Higher
    Looking for Sutton's PSA 7 or Higher