Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

CW editorial on slabs

JJMJJM Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
from the guy from the UK.......anyone read it, comments?.....at the end of the day , I kinda agree with it as a pure collector, not investor......
👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37

Comments

• Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone?
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read it. It was by Richard Lobel of Coincraft. Nothing new to anyone that frequents this forum.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lobel suggested that people should collect coins, not invest in them. He also argued that collectors shouldn't need slabs. Some forum members have covered this ground before, often in a more comprehensive and more compelling manner. Still nice to see the sentiments voiced in CW.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the clarification! image
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options

<< <i>from the guy from the UK.......anyone read it, comments?.....at the end of the day , I kinda agree with it as a pure collector, not investor...... >>

My best friend is Brittish - they sem to like their coins like they like their "claret", over the hill. Certification/holdering is anathama. The mere thought of placing a precious proof in a plastic holder with a certified grade is enough to give the typical Brit collector apoplexy. How many old Brittish coins do you see in PCGS holders? I have no beef with this way of thinking but the cultural perspective helps to understand this editorial (which I haven't read so I may be jumping off a very tall cliff). Rob
    Modern dollars are like children - before you know it they'll be all grown up.....

Questions about Ikes? Go to The IKE GROUP WEB SITE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file