Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

February Special Announced

I just spoke to customer service and they told me the February Special will be

1960 - 1971 Sport and non-sport cards
$8/ card with a 10 day turnaround
$75 per card maximum value

I like it. I hope the 10 day turnaround holds up.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

Comments

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I guess the $5 modern special is continued until the end of Feb.

• Options
    The 10 day turnaround is approx not guaranteed.
    The Set Registry Specials usually run for a 2 month period.

Carol

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Carol, Would it speed up my turnaround time if I said " Thanks Carol Sweetie"?

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

Good news. I have a ton to send in. Too bad they raised the $/card image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks Carol, Would it speed up my turnaround time if I said " Thanks Carol Sweetie"? >>

I wish I could tell you it would but it won't.

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I have some very sharp 69' deckles to send. Hopefully my Mays will 8.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    crap, and i rushed around here today trying to get in before eom.....

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Thats frustrating... I did January's 5 day turn around at $13 per card and am 8 days into it. They said they were having a back up in receiving.. so my responce was "so what did I pay the $13 for?" I didnt get much for taking advantage of the special. They are checking with managment on compensation.

I could have waited for this deal and accomplished the same thing for $5 x13 cards less. OH well live and learn.
    "I put my pants on just like you... One leg at a time. The differences is when I put them on, I make gold records."
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Ooh, I like that special! PSA, here comes some cards! I've been waiting for a special like this...was hoping for a $5 or $6 15-20 day turnaround but this is fine. I'll be getting some 60's fb ready tonight.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I like this special also! Been waiting on a nice group of 60's baseball to send in.
  • Options
    $75 maximum value, As always I am usually confused on these, thats why I generally just submit through a dealer, should I assume that STARS ARE EXCLUDED, since they probably would be over the maximum value. For example: I have set aside a 68 bench, 70 aaron, 70 mays, 71 ryan, 71 mays, 70 williams & a 69 seaver. Would any of these qualify??????????
    My ebay store IS CLOSED TEMPORARILY
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any minimum number of cards?

Shane

• Options

<< <i>$75 maximum value, As always I am usually confused on these, thats why I generally just submit through a dealer, should I assume that STARS ARE EXCLUDED, since they probably would be over the maximum value. For example: I have set aside a 68 bench, 70 aaron, 70 mays, 71 ryan, 71 mays, 70 williams & a 69 seaver. Would any of these qualify?????????? >>

Makes it hard to decide if I want to send in a card. I have a 70 Clemente that I think would be a PSA 8. But the 8 books at $200. The 7? You guessed it. $75

Would I get dinged because of the special rules?? Not worth trying.
    Orioles cards from 1960 to today.

Be good my brothers.
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks Carol, Would it speed up my turnaround time if I said " Thanks Carol Sweetie"? >>

I wish I could tell you it would but it won't. >>

You're still a sweetie
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    I don't get it. If you got more than 50 cards waiting to get graded, why not just submit them at the bulk rate $6/card? Why would you pay an extra $2/card???
  • Options

<< <i>Any minimum number of cards? >>

The minimum would be 1 card.

If you do not truly know the value of a card we advise that for vintage that you take the value of a PSA 6.
    If you really believe that it will grade higher, you should value it at that. It's not worth under valuing your cards intentionally as this is the amount we will insure them for while in our possession and it will be the amount we insure them for when we ship them back. If something happens to it in shipping, you won't be covered.

Also, we understand that a grade point each way could swing the value either way but they will usually catch something that comes in intentionally undervalued. If that happens, the order will be set aside and you will be contacted.

Carol
  • Options
    Help me out here....
    Do I understand this right, that normally when filling out submission forms you have to declare what you believe the value of the card is (for insurance/replacement purposes), but if you choose a higher value that your per card charge will increase?

And in the case of this February special, the maximum "declared" value of the card can only be $75.00?

I'm about to sign up for the PSA Collectors Club and this is all a little baffling to me. I thought I was sending it to THEM so that it could be graded. I had no idea that I had to "pre-grade" my cards. I'm terrible at micro grading my cards. image
    For the love of the game
    And the cards that go with it
  • Options
    Carol,

Am I understanding you, I should value it as a 6; Can it still grade a 9? If I think is better than a 6 should I value it at a 7/8? The bulk deals still involve a value correct?
    My ebay store IS CLOSED TEMPORARILY
  • Options
    It does involve values. Yes, you can value that card at a 6 and it will not affect the grade. Our graders do not see your submission forms so there is no way that they know what you valued the card at.

If you really feel it has a shot 7 or 8 and you value it lower, and it gets lost or damaged in the mail, you can only claim the value of what you put on. Be realistic, on the values, in the long run it's to your benefit.

Here are some extreme examples of under valuing that have come in.
    A Honus Wagner at $30 and a Babe Ruth Rookie at $500. A Jordan Rookie at $100. I know those are extreme but it gives you an idea of what happens.

Carol
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTT

I have the same question. I have some borderline PSA 6/7 1960's star cards I want to submit under the special and the $75 limit is right in the middle of most mid-grade vintage.

Why don't they just make it simple?
    Mike
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the $13 5-day special still on?
    Mike
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have the same question. I have some borderline PSA 6/7 1960's star cards I want to submit under the special and the $75 limit is right in the middle of most mid-grade vintage.

Why don't they just make it simple? >>

ndleo, if you think the card is worth more then you need to use the higher services . if it is right in the middle of the value and you are comfortable with the $75 insurance limit then use the special and declare $75.

example , if I have a 6/7 1956 matthews , it is worth 60 as a 6 and 120 as a 7. raw I am comfortable with 75 declared value so I will send with 75 and could use 50's bulk. if it gets a 7 then I am at risk on the return shipping but that can happen with any card. you have way more risk with the card that pulls a 10 and is now worth 500 when you declared the whole submission at 25 a card based on 8 values.
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    The Declared Value is put in are approx what I paid, rounded. The way I figure that if the cards get lost, I would get back what I paid. I never saw any reason to declare a higher value, esp. since I have never had, bought or found a high value raw card.