Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Looking for input...

I'm trying to see what kind of responses I might get if I tried to buy mid-grade cards that people simply "missed" on when attempting to get them graded. For instance 1970's baseball commons in PSA 6 or maybe 7, depending on the year. Are there people out there with lots of these that you would like to get rid of at a reasonable rate? I normally put together raw sets, but could use these types of cards. Please let me know what you might have and what you'd dump them for. (1977 Topps baseball commons in PSA 7 for $2 or PSA 6's for $1.) Again, at this point I just want to get a good idea of what would be available. If you don't want to post anything specific here, you can email me at cvivian99@yahoo.com or simply send me a PM. Thanks for the help.

Chris

Comments

• Options
    That's below grading costs?
  • Options
    I understand that but it;s also close to SMR (4 and $2). I'm just looking for those who have cards that they were disappointed with and just want to get rid of because they have very little value. Again, this is just a feeler to see what might be available.

Chris
  • Options
    Some 8's in 1977 aren't worth $5.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure guys like 4SC must have a mountain of "missed" cards. I get them once in a while but never enough to really sell in quantity. I usually wait until I get 10 or 20 of them and then dump them on ebay. I wind up getting like 50 cents or $1 each.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Why don't you just buy raw cards? You can buy NM baseball sets from Larry Fritsch for the following prices:

1973 - $950 ($1.44 per card)
    1974 - $600 ($0.91 per card)
    1975 - $735 ($1.11 per card)
    1976 - $400 ($0.61 per card)
    1977 - Out of stock
    1978 - $335 ($0.46 per card)
    1979 - $210 ($0.29 per card)

The cards would weigh a whole lot less too.