Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

I really hate it when I do stupid sh*t...

No excuse for this one other than dain bramage and being too quick on the trigger. image

*sigh*

Just pulled the trigger on the one below... only problem is that I looked up the catalog values on the 5 Mark instead of the 2 Mark. Damned German states using the same designs for multiple denominations!

Oh well, at least the toning looks nice, especially the reverse...

Stupid Auction Linky

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    Looks great to me. Nice snag!!image
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    ein, zwei, drei, vier und fünf.image
  • Options
    UdoUdo Posts: 984 ✭✭
    Sh!t happens and that kind of sh!t once happend to me too.

It looks very nice and unc to me, but it's hard to tell from the small and dark pictures. I hope you like the coin when it shows up, I can't wait to see your pictures.
    imageimage
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    I sincerely hope you do better with this guy than I did recently. I bought a Prussian Pfennig...looked BU in the pic (which must have been doctored) but the coin was an absolute piece of sh*t. It had been crudely tooled, with no evidence of it in the pic. After several confusing emails (the guy seems to be a moron..really) he agreed to a refund, but I decided not to bother with him further. Good Luck! - Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Been there, done that, as I suspect many others have. I had a brain lapse and bought the wrong date Eddie VII sixpence on ebay one time, at the high end of the catalogue range. When it came, I did not like it at all even though it was UNC (and did slab thus at NGC). I was lucky enough to sell it later for what I paid - not the most expensive lesson I ever learned in numismatics at least.

I hope this one works out for you, though I am concerned about what appears to be cleaning in the obverse field. It's a crummy picture though, so it's not a certainty.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    Well it looks pretty good to the untrained eye. image
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did something similar. I thought the listing was for a 1948 Canadian Dollar, it was listed in the Dollar section of eBay, but the coin was a 1948 50c.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don