Options

OK authentication experts.....

Real?image
Auction
For the love of the game
And the cards that go with it

Comments

• Options
    As compared to this one that they claim will Pass PSA/DNA....that one is a gem...

link

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's one that is PSA/DNA authenticated - they look similar - either it's good or one heck of a forgery.

Ya know? I don't know about this stuff - it's so hard.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Is it real? Yes, that is a real auction.........

oh and yes, I think the auto on the AS card looks legit too.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    The spacing in the "M"'s is usually the easiest way to tell, and that looks consistent. The only thing I notice is the letters "c" and "k" particularly don't continue their "curl". The known good curls over to about 3 o'clock whereas the subject card stops around 1 o'clock. The "a" in Mantle is a bit more condensed than the known good as well. Personally, I think it looks good, but a $10 quick opinion is definitely money well spent. If it came back likely-not-genuine I would suspect the issues I pointed out would be the reason.
  • Options
    No doubt on that,in my opinion.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    "it's too hard...."

mike, i think you stole pandrews line?!

Julen

RIP GURU
  • Options
    I always liked Vinnie Barbarino's line.............OOOOhHHHHHhh Mr. Kotter..........I'm SOOoooooooo Confused!

I have a Tri-Star and a QVC and it looks consistent with both of them. The height of the "l" is consistent compared to the "t". Separation between the M and a. A discontinuity between the "M" and "i". I would throw money at it.
    Granted it is not like the one "sandmanfromlv" has, but we all have to take a chance.

• Options
    IMO it's legit. If it is fake it is one of the best forgeries I've ever seen.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    I'll agree it compares favorably to legit ones I have.
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Looks legit all the way......oh wait, did that card every enter the upper deck facility ???
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Looks genuine to me. I've seen some of Mantle's earlier signature before the loops in the M. He use to make then normal with a line through them to look like a cross. But that's those old school days.... Pimp out.
    Nothing smoother than listening to Bob James and sipping on a glass of vintage Courvoisier! It's PIMPnificent!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of Mantle's signing style,

On the 52T card, you can see he signed entirely different:

Here's the more rare exhibit card of Mantle - notice the style changed - not sure when this was actually made since the printing has a range to it - but I'm thinking sometime after they used his sig for the Topps card, Mantle changed his style of signing - the new sig is much more flamboyant IMO - which probably ties in with his rapid ML success? Just a thought.

I guess I just have too much time on my hands?! image

mike
    Mike