Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

American Beauties SALE

I am thinking of selling my set of American Beauties image . I know what I over paid for it but I want to hear from others as to what they think it would 'realistically' sell for. Also, where do you think I would get the most for it? Auction house?, eBay? (as a set or one card at a time?)

My American Beauties

Chris

Comments

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris,

I'm not sure, but considering your set's high grade, I'd guess an auction house would probably be better if you sold it as a complete set, with ebay being better if broken up as singles.

On another note, if you decide to break your set up and sell the singles, I'd be interested in your No Stares and Out on a Limb for my set.

Whatever you choose, good luck with it! image

Steve
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    That's a very nice set, Chris. I'd ditto Steve - you could try a BIN reserve auction on ebay, but it probably wouldn't sell. Either a major house or break it as singles. Usually a large singles offering gets a lot of attention with collectors seeing the opportunity to upgrade their sets. It's a gamble.

BTW, I'd be interested in your Playing Safe and Short on Sails.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    its definetly worth it of a Mastro type auction.

beautiful set you have there!

Ebay would not bring out the top hitters for such high grade
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I agree with mastro or REA type auction for those beauties.

best of luck

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    OK, well it looks like I am going to try to get this set to Mastro for the April auction. It will be interesting to see if the final price will be any ware close to what I have into this set. I started out only wanting a set of PSA8's, looking to build it for 1500 to 2000$. Then it just got out of control.

Thank you all for the offers, interest and confirmation of direction.

Chris