Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Just sent a not so nice letter to a seller

Anybody else getting tired of sellers who list every card that is a little different as a #1/1? Seller stated three times in an auction that this card is #1/1, I asked two times for a scan of the back or better description of the card and didn't get a response. Since this was a card of a player I collect and the auction was not much I bid on it anyway, card shows up it is one of those Collectors Edge Masters cards I think they use as a replacement for damaged cards, has the blank white box on the back where the number should be. I know I have seen several of these on auctions so they can't be 1/1 and to top it off, it is a thicker card and was stuck into a toploader without a soft sleeve so the foil on the bottom is peeled loose. Seller has around 650 feedback with over 98% positive. Some of you will ask why I bid if I have seen others on auction, when a seller states it is #1/1 (three times in the auction), to me that means it is stamped on the card somewhere so I thought this one was different. I guess you can call me naive.

Comments

• Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is a pet peeve of mine too. The flagrant over-use of the term "1/1" for cards that aren't really one of one. It's especially annoying when they reference the player's jersey number with serial# cards (ie. 22/50 for Clemens, 12/100 for Tom Brady, etc..). I'm not even comfortable with them referencing population reports, but's borderline and open to debate.
  • My favorite is when they use the first or last digit of the production.
    1/99....it's the first one printed so it's a 1/1. Or 99/99. There was one seller doing it constantly....pretty lame.
  • DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭

<< <i>Anybody else getting tired of sellers who list every card that is a little different as a #1/1? Seller stated three times in an auction that this card is #1/1, I asked two times for a scan of the back or better description of the card and didn't get a response. Since this was a card of a player I collect and the auction was not much I bid on it anyway, card shows up it is one of those Collectors Edge Masters cards I think they use as a replacement for damaged cards, has the blank white box on the back where the number should be. I know I have seen several of these on auctions so they can't be 1/1 and to top it off, it is a thicker card and was stuck into a toploader without a soft sleeve so the foil on the bottom is peeled loose. Seller has around 650 feedback with over 98% positive. Some of you will ask why I bid if I have seen others on auction, when a seller states it is #1/1 (three times in the auction), to me that means it is stamped on the card somewhere so I thought this one was different. I guess you can call me naive. >>

You obviously had serious reservations going into the auction and since the guy ignored your request TWICE for further information, you should've really trusted your gut instincts and never placed a bid in the first place. Hope you didn't spend too much at least.

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!