Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1975 Topps Aaron psa 9 #660

Get your money ready looks like they just graded #7. With Kurt needing a 9 I don't see this in reach for most of us if it comes available.

Comments

• WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I just won this set on ebay yesterday. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best but I know big time 9's are tough with these.
  • zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>I just won this set on ebay yesterday. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best but I know big time 9's are tough with these. >>

Good luck with that and hopefully its as nice as it looks. I bought a 75 set a few years ago that looked as good but I got 7's and 8's. Hopefully you will fare better image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • according to the king of the 70's...one can expect to pay around 5K for the card...
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    The seller of the complete set makes an inference that the set was purchased complete in 1975............I wasn't aware of factory sets in 1975.
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I wondered about that too but I'm not too familiar with card distribution back then. I figured even if the set was put together in 1975 and sat all this time, then it should still be nice. I guess what sold me on it was the centering on the big cards and the corners looked nice. But we'll see. My last 1975 set was an absolute gold mine. I paid about $450 for it and then went on a few small vacations. It was nice.
  • Good Luck Steve, let us know how it works out.

Ken
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    They had factory sets in 74

I think they also had them in 75 and it was shown here in a previous thread that it was true.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They had factory sets in 74

I think they also had them in 75 and it was shown here in a previous thread that it was true.

Steve >>

I remember the thread.........( was unable to locate it though)....... some EBAY seller selling what he claimed was factory set.....There was definitely factory sets in 1974 issued through JC Penny catalogue............................

...I do not think we officially substanciated that there was actually a 75 factory set.......just heresay.......but I could be wrong.....
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there ever be a psa 10 #660 aaron? Or a psa 10 Yount rookie? I'm kind of suprised about the Yount, many 9's but no 10's. Wonder what the first one graded a 10 of either of those would be worth. Or for that matter card #6 Mike Marshall highlights.
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

• << <i>Will there ever be a psa 10 #660 aaron? Or a psa 10 Yount rookie? I'm kind of suprised about the Yount, many 9's but no 10's. Wonder what the first one graded a 10 of either of those would be worth. Or for that matter card #6 Mike Marshall highlights. >>

I can see someone getting it by cracking a Yount 9 to try for a 10. But that would be hard to do for the Aaron.