Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Movement inside PSA slabs

I have a semi gripe, but it wasn't a gripe until a buyer complained about it.
I recently sold a PSA 10 card for an upper deck issue and the card has movement
within the square part that it's sitting on. The buyer emails me and wants to return
it because he said it was not as advertised and feels that the holder or product is defective.
The holder is brand new and intact. So I said no problem, just return the card
and I'll issue you a full refund. So today, I get a Paypal claim stating that the item is not
as advertised and of course they will hold my acct hostage till it's resolved.
My questions are: First of all, am I responsible because the card moves inside the holder?
My take is no. PSA graded it a 10. Secondly, would it be within my right to file a FVF after the refund
is given, because in a sense; I didn't get payment for the item so I would want to get my FVF back
from Ebay. Since he gave me a headache for the Paypal claim; I think one in return is fair?
I don't know....I think I just need to vent.

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I have been saying that for a while now that something should be done about the internal movement thing. It does bother me because damge can still happen to the edges. Alot of psa cards do move around inside the holder, then again some dont. As far as being your fault thats ridiculous. Its good you gave him a refund, just to be done with it.

Matt
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Nice article in which this guy took a slabbed card and abused it a bit to see if the card inside would be get damaged. Interesting results.

An experiment involving a paint shaker

An experiment involving a clothes dryer
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Did anyone see the article in this months football beckett, basically calling out the other grading companies for having holders that allow
    the card to move around?

Kevin
  • Options
    Stupid question time..... Why is it possible that some cards move around and some don't? Has anyone determined that certain years and/or manufacturers are more prone to (due to thickness of card stock etc...).

I have a few I've purchased in PSA holders that move around a little and it has concerned me in regards to future submissions that I will begin making with my ungraded cards.

The "diamond cut" corners of these holders becomes problematic if the card has too much movement as it actually dings the edges of the corners.

What's the solution...Hmmmmmmm
    For the love of the game
    And the cards that go with it
  • Options
    What's the solution...Hmmmmmmm

I vote for condoms. Frankly I don't mind those mylar sleeves they sometimes use, but I know that a lot of people hate 'em. Not all card issues are the same, but I seriously doubt PSA will change their holders by the centimeters/millimeters.
  • Options
    I have bought alot of bgs cards in the past but have quite recently due to the inconsistent grading they are putting out. But as far as protecting their cards in my opinion they do have the best holders. Psa should do something similar or keep the same design but stop the internal movement.

Matt
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    I have no problem if the card moves around. I much prefer a card without the mylar liner.

I don't treat my cards like a sno-globe. image
  • Options

<< <i>I have no problem if the card moves around. I much prefer a card without the mylar liner.

I don't treat my cards like a sno-globe. image >>

No, but the mailman does image

Matt
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I have no problem if the card moves around. I much prefer a card without the mylar liner.

I don't treat my cards like a sno-globe. image >>

No, but the mailman does image

Matt >>

touche

Tom
  • Options
    Second dopey question (sorry guy's).... Are the mylar sleeves relatively new?
    I thought they just put them on odd size cards? (T-206, Playball, etc....)
    For the love of the game
    And the cards that go with it