Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Wow! Who made the new ms67rd 73-d Lincoln Cent? And ms66 54-p nickels?!

Please pm me or e-mail me at haletj@math.berkeley.edu! Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Yes, that is certainly a low pop coin and would be a great addition for most sets. I would like to know
    who the lucky owner is too. Congratulations.

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    Also some new ms67 73-p cents, and there's an ms68 now in the pop report. Can that be for real? I can't imagine an ms68 of that date existing.
  • Options
    cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to the successful submittor of the top-pop Lincoln Cents. I think I'm losing my eyesight based on the modern
    grades I've been receiving during the past year.

As for the MS-68 1973 1c, is it for real? Same question for MS-68RD 1971-S 1c. PCGS removed the five "MS-68RD" 1972-S 1c. The top
    grade 72-S is now MS-67RD, thus the inquiry regarding 73 & 71-S.

I opened and went through a mint-sewn bag of 1963-D Lincolns and
    sent in 1 coin. I quit looking with about 500-800 coins left.

The really neat Lincoln Cents will likely be found in the "right" rolls. Back in 2003 I slabbed six 1963-D 1c in MS-66RD from one roll. The
    coins apparently had the desired look to PCGS.

Hats off to Lincolns Rule for his successful results as of late.
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, this thread clinches it, I really need to start busting open some Lincoln rolls. Nice results (and congrats on your results in the other thread, LR).

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    You can only get top end coins from that "one special roll". If it is not a roll of that quality, you could have 1,000 of them and still not find a top grade example. I got 2 ms67 72-d's and about 25 ms66's all from one roll! The best example is Angel Dees, he got 2 ms67rd 54-p's and also about 25 ms66's from one roll. I think he had to pay like $3000 for the roll but that certainly was well worth it!

Great job though on those 63-d's cupronik! I have yet to get one graded above ms64!

p.s. No e-mails yet! image