Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Suggestion for 1959 topps

When posting an auction or selling 1959 Topps Baseball would sellers please consider stating whether the backs are grey or cream colored for cards that fall between #199 to #286.More often than not it is not part of the description and one like me who is in the process of putting together the entire master set has to either pass on a potentail buy because of not knowing what version is being sold.Many times I email the seller but recieve no response or its too late.I am sure other collectors are building the same set and may have a simalar concern.

Thanks in advance. always on the prowl for 59 topps graded 6 ,7 or 8.
Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)

Comments

• Options
    Why is there a different back color for some of the 59s? I have about 50+ commons from 1959 and have noticed the different coloring and always wondered why. I thought maybe it meant the card was a fake if it was a certain color because the ones I have look pack fresh. I am sending them off to be graded an anticipate a high # of 8s, 9s and some 10s.
  • Options
    Same issue with 1956's ( White vrs. Grey backs). I always assumed that they had two paper suppliers and very loose color specs.
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Nice suggestion. I just picked up about 200 raw 1959's last night that range from EX to NM, if you would be interested.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items