Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1836 5 franc

It's been awhile since I first posted on this site about my grandfather's old coins.
I haven't had much time to get back to them, but I would like to sell them, or donate them to my childrens school, or a young collector.
I've noticed that you don't recommend buying from someone on Ebay that has no history...me...I've also noticed the number of "grandfather's coin collections" that appear, so how should I go about selling the coins?
It's a rather eclectic collection, and the one dealer I spoke with was only interested in the US, and Mexican coins.
I was hoping to go to the Houston coin show last weekend, but as I said before with 4 children and a mother with alzheimers, life is entertaining, but I don't always get time off.
Someone said that this one would be the only one he was interested in, so here's some pics.
I'm having such fun learning how to take pictures and attach them.
Most of the other coins are actually in much better condition, so I'll get to posting more.

1836 5 fr
1836 5 fr obv

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a nice looking coin.

Welcome back.

You shouldn't have trouble selling stuff like that here.

Use the Frank Chiong Memorial Weekly Swap threads. They are free.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    so how do I figure out what to sell them for?
  • Options
    Well, you could put them out for bids here. It would be free, but you'd get more action on eBay.

We can help you price them if you don't overload us. Asking for valuations on dozens of coins is a bit much.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    it would only be a few at a time, i'm lucky to get anytime on line, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    I would help with the ones you've already posted, but my books are at home and my only reliable Internet connection is here at work, so I can sympathize with your plight.

Darksiders are a fair bunch, though. They can help if you put them out a few at a time.

• Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

19th century France is certainly not my specialty, but I'll guess this was struck in Lille, France with a mintage of 1,614,000 (actually one of the lower mintages for the series and mint), a weight of 25 grams, and a comp of 0.900 silver (0.7234 ASW). If we call this Fine, the cat lists it at $9. How did I do? I love learning something new everyday image

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sold this one on eBay for $35.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don