My Website
---------------------------------------------
ALWAYS LOOKING TO PURCHASE
TOP 100 MORGANS / HOT 50
TOP 50 PEACE VAMS

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bumped it up $15 or so for you. Somebody is gonna get a helluva nice coin at an attractive price, it looks like. I might've bid again if I weren't nearing the outer limits of my budget.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Doh!

$695, and I'm high bidder! image

I'll bet I get sniped.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Two minutes and thirty seconds... one cent more and I'm outbid!

• Options
    Oh, well. There went my budget.

Looks like I am the owner of that coin, now.

One more CENT and I would have been outbid! The snipers must have been snoozing.

Don't get me wrong- I like the look of that one. I just gotta do some scraping now to pay for it!

I tried to help you push it up just one teeny bit closer to $700 ... I never thought I would end up winning it!

Guess I suck at shill bidding, LOL. But it ain't shill bidding if you honor your bids, and that I intend to do. Just be patient with me while I scrape up the funds. It's kind of ironic that you spent nearly $700 with me just a few days ago, and now you'll be getting it back. The thing is, I already spent the money you sent me!

• Options
    ddbirdddbird Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't worry bout that...thats a lot of coin for under $700.

Youll have no problem reselling it for a nice chunk o' change in the future...

• Options
    I agree. I am happy to have it, even by accident. But it stretches me a tad thin.

• Options
    Been there.... done that to a larger extent. I got inquisitive to see what the reserve was on a Saturday night a few years back and put up a bid of $12,500 for a '71 454 LS-5 4Spd Vette and found that *reserve* with 3 hours to go. I had the cash, but never figured I would be shipping in a car the next week as no one else bid. image
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Still got the Vette?

& how much is it worth now!!imageimage
  • Options
    Nocerino18Nocerino18 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    If it makes anyone feel better I paid $700 for it about 6 months ago.
    Coin Superstore's Ebay Auctions
    Personal Ebay Auctions
    My Website
    ---------------------------------------------
    ALWAYS LOOKING TO PURCHASE
    TOP 100 MORGANS / HOT 50
    TOP 50 PEACE VAMS
  • Options
    It looks like a nice piece, and was probably worth every penny of the price. It's goin' to mercurydimeguy, now. I took him up on his quick turnover offer. Too bad I won't even see the coin. It was the highest graded Seated dollar yet for me- my previous best being a slightly scuffy ANACS AU50 1842.

BTW, I stuck you some freebies in with the coins you bought, but they were piddling freebies. Not enough to make up for your shortfall. But I think you will do well with the proof IHC and Shield nickel you just bought from me (shipped this afternoon, BTW), so maybe they'll make up the difference and then some. If you are any better at digital photography than I am (which isn't hard to be), you should do okay when you sell those.