Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

How tough is 1962 Fleer Football??

I noticed most of the cards that sell on ebay go way over SMR. A PSA 7 Jim Otto was $60 over SMR. Is there a shortage of these cards in HIGH grade?

Thanks,
Ryan

Comments

• Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Without looking at the pops, I would say they are the rarest of any of the four Fleer sets(60-63).
  • Options
    Ryan,

I agree with Jim. It is by far, the toughest of the Fleer sets to find. Since I buy a lot of cards raw I find them difficult to come by regardless of the grade. My guess is that the print run was not very high even though it is much smaller than the Fleer sets from the previous two years. The other big problem with the set, especially when it comes to grading, is centering. These cards are notorious for poor centering. It is not uncommon to look through a set (raw) and find 20-30% of the cards have no border on one side. The Raider cards near the back of the set seem to have the most problems.

Doug
    Looking for well centered 1958 topps baseball psa 8 and up. Also dying for a 70 Aaron All Star in PSA 9.
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    It's very very tough in PSA 8+. I've been collecting it for more than 3 years, and am still 3 cards away from an 8+ set. In my opinion the Raiders cards are tough, but the Bills cards at the start are the toughest.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...